Page 280 of 280 FirstFirst ... 180230270275276277278279280
Results 5,581 to 5,592 of 5592

Thread: Good bourbon

Steve Lepore
    yup

I saw a bottle of Peerless Bourbon on the shelves on Saturday. Value priced at the Piggly Wiggly for $72.

Today was restock the bar day. Found a 1.75 bottle of Eagle Rare. A 1.75 of Buffalo Trace. 750 of Sazerac Rye. 750 of Elijah barrel proof. 750 of Henry McKenna single barrel and 750 of Larceny Barrell proof. Also bought a bottle of the Buffalo Bourbon Cream...Never had it, but figure it would be a nice dessert drink.

Nothing crazy good, but some solid bottles. Had to hit like 7 stores in Asheville/Fletcher to find the Eagle and Buffalo. It's stupid how hard those are to find in NC, as they aren't even *that* good of bourbons. They're just hard to find, and people want to buy shit that isn't easy to find.

Oh and a bottle of Weller Special Reserve, and Woodford Wheat.

Shouldn't have to buy bourbon until the holidays now.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post

Like Labor Day?

I used to be able to buy 1.75 Buffalo Trace on the regular and now I canít ever find it. It was my go to drink.
    Hungry

Yeah who am I kidding. It won't last long.

Was in Asheville, and drove into Johnson City. Found the 1.75 Buffalo Trace in JC. Found the 1.75 Eagle Rare in Asheville.

If you're in SC, Six & Twenty distillery makes a good 5 grain bourbon. Picked up a Total Wine barrel pick of it in MB last year. Wish I had bought a few more. They have an Old Money wheat whiskey that's pretty good to, but on the low proof side. They also have a liquor cream that is as good as Buffalo Trace in my opinion.

From NC, Mystic Farm has their Heart of Mystic single barrel bourbon that is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by deacfan78 View Post
    From NC, Mystic Farm has their Heart of Mystic single barrel bourbon that is fantastic.
    Interesting, Iíve been wondering if that place was any good. Itís less than 15 minutes from me and have been meaning to get out there but just havenít made it happen yet. They have always have cool looking events going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post

ooooooh special reserve

i haven't seen that one in awhile, but still have a bottle of OWA that I treat myself to a pour from every few months
    We're going to be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Interesting, Iíve been wondering if that place was any good. Itís less than 15 minutes from me and have been meaning to get out there but just havenít made it happen yet. They have always have cool looking events going on.
    I guess I should clarify. The bottle I had was very good but it is single barrel so I guess you never know. I'll definitely pick up another bottle at some point.

The rye from Fainting Goat in Greensboro is also good and they put out a maple cask finish rye that slaps.

Quote Originally Posted by deacfan78 View Post
    I guess I should clarify. The bottle I had was very good but it is single barrel so I guess you never know. I'll definitely pick up another bottle at some point.

The rye from Fainting Goat in Greensboro is also good and they put out a maple cask finish rye that slaps.
    They have a really cool barrel experience where you spend the day learning the whole process then can go back each year and taste your bourbon as it ages. Thinking about trying to do that for my dadís 60th later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    They have a really cool barrel experience where you spend the day learning the whole process then can go back each year and taste your bourbon as it ages. Thinking about trying to do that for my dadís 60th later this year.
    That's pretty cool! I did a distiller for a day experience at Old Nick Williams. It was pretty fun but basically I paid them to be their free labor for 8 hours.