• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Some examples of promises did Danny not feel comfortable making ? This sounds more like conjecture than #scoooops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some examples of promises did Danny not feel comfortable making ? This sounds more like conjecture than #scoooops

No guaranteed PT- although we all know he would have started before knee injury #2 (and to be clear- this was pre-knee) and HG and co knew that, but Manning wouldn't say "you'll start, you'll play X minutes". He talked to them about allowing him (DM) to have to privilege of coaching Harry.

No guarantee of draft rank. He told them he couldn't guarantee HG would be number one because a lot of that was dependent on HG and other players in the draft.

Also- and this tidbit is interesting- I was told last night (before the loss to state) that there is a group of people associated with dook hoops who are a little peeved with K right now. This includes players/families.

They're feeling like K neglected his duties as dook coach and hasn't been there for his players as much in the past year.

Several disgruntled parents are questioning the timing of the back surgery and want to know why he didn't have it earlier, before the season started or at least before the ACC schedule began.

We all know that he was at the Olympics this summer and his focus was there. A few think he should have stepped away from USA basketball to have surgery and his loyalty should have been to his dook team.

Supposedly he left his team in Capel's hands during his absence from Durham this summer, just basically managing players, workouts, etc but {supposedly} there was discord between teammates that has carried over to this season. I have no incidents to share for reference, so I don't know anything beyond what I was told.

Thanks, interesting

However this sounds like we should just go ahead and make Hoopla a green user as well.

Sure. But I don't think an improvement in our back-up 4 makes us into a top 15 team.
I think it would be close. Our bench is really short and we don't have any depth at that position.

seriously - how much effort could there be in coaching USA basketball. My 18 year old could coach those guys to a gold medal.

Admittedly, managing the schedules and issues of a bunch of narcissistic NBA stars, could be an administrative nightmare, but if K was overly involved in all of the planning and team administration either he or USA basketball are doing it all wrong.

seriously - how much effort could there be in coaching USA basketball. My 18 year old could coach those guys to a gold medal.

Admittedly, managing the schedules and issues of a bunch of narcissistic NBA stars, could be an administrative nightmare, but if K was overly involved in all of the planning and team administration either he or USA basketball are doing it all wrong.

I don't know how much of the planning and administration he was involved in, but I imagine he spent a significant amount of time spent away from dook this summer due to media obligations, practices, and games.

I haven't really followed Team USA but don't they begin playing before the Olympics?

Surely you can't be serious.
e95sJkv.gif

I thought he was generally regarded as a smart guy. Hadn't heard the 2.0 theory before now.

He was never regarded in this manner. He was not going to graduate from Wesleyan if he stayed. He must have made some remarkable grades in those online classes to get qualified. FWIW, the word around Wesleyan is that he was not able to play his 1st semester at Duke because of academics. The knee issue was a smokescreen (although he did undergo arthroscopic surgery).

Keep in mind that my only sources for this are HS kids, some of which may be bitter about Harry leaving for his senior year.

Last edited:
Would suck to lose to this car wreck of a dook team at our place so LET'S PROTECT OUR HOUSE! :dancindeac:

I keep reading Giles was a little mouthy with the fans as time expired. Anything concrete on this or no?

I keep reading Giles was a little mouthy with the fans as time expired. Anything concrete on this or no?

Saw it with my own eyes. He was holding up the duke logo on his jersey and running his mouth like he personally just hit the game winning shot in a national championship. Remember that guy from Ole Miss at Auburn a few years back? It was like that.

marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

There is probably no video evidence, because there would be no reason for television cameras at a college basketball broadcast to ever pay attention to where Harry Giles is on the court.

Yeah. The guys in the blue shirts courtside that were heckling him and Grayson all game.

Basic lip-reading: "THIS IS MY HOUSE" may have been a "fucking" thrown in there.

6 whole points.

Saw it with my own eyes. He was holding up the duke logo on his jersey and running his mouth like he personally just hit the game winning shot in a national championship. Remember that guy from Ole Miss at Auburn a few years back? It was like that.

marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

There is probably no video evidence, because there would be no reason for television cameras at a college basketball broadcast to ever pay attention to where Harry Giles is on the court.

I can't get enough of that GIF...The funniest part is the black guy in the white shirt who appears to be a neutral employee of some kind just grinning while the frat bros freak out...

Back