• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

That's the best GIF ever.

The "what a jackass" guy or the dude with the beard on press row are my favs.

Stay classy Harry no-knee

What a joke. He deserves nothing less than being "developed" by K and Capel. What a fucking idiot.

Saw it with my own eyes. He was holding up the duke logo on his jersey and running his mouth like he personally just hit the game winning shot in a national championship. Remember that guy from Ole Miss at Auburn a few years back? It was like that.

marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

There is probably no video evidence, because there would be no reason for television cameras at a college basketball broadcast to ever pay attention to where Harry Giles is on the court.

Well, in fairness, he did set the game winning illegal screen.

We'll get the last laugh at Giles...who will get drafted as promised, just not #1.

He'll wind up in the D league, then maybe overseas. His rebuilt knees will give out before he's 25 and he'll wind up back in "his city" coaching a lower tier AAU team.

And he'll have no college degree and no one at dook will remember him.

He should have listened to Manning...if he wasn't going to Wake, he should have picked Kansas.

And he should have been just a tad bit more serious about his education.

Right, Harry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't get enough of that GIF...The funniest part is the black guy in the white shirt who appears to be a neutral employee of some kind just grinning while the frat bros freak out...

Check out the old guy in the lower right corner. He's just thinking about heading to the local K&W for dinner and then bed.

That GIF just has so much to offer. LMAO.

We'll get the last laugh at Giles...who will get drafted as promised, just not #1.

He'll wind up in the D league, then maybe overseas. His rebuilt knees will give out before he's 25 and he'll wind up back in "his city" coaching a lower tier AAU team.

He should have listened to Manning...if he wasn't going to Wake, he should have picked Kansas.

Right, Harry?

I don't know why, but this post put a smile on my face. Actually I do know why.

For the people who asked, there was quite a bit of Dook player woofing at Wake fans after the game. Happened right in front of my seat, I was a little disgusted at their behavior, especially with what goes on at Cameron.

Right, Harry?

So like Greg Oden.

We don't always miss on can't miss prospects, but when we do, they suck.

Not watching, but looks like Giles is filling up the box score once again. 0 points, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 fouls, 15:24 left in the 2nd half.

Giles is McClinton for Duke. They just don't have any depth so he has to play.

It would be kind of fun to knock Duke out of the ACC Tourney and then watch them get beat in their first NCAA game. Seems like that kind of season for them. They have no ability to survive an off night for Kennard against a decent team.

Also this game is just chock full of absurd calls. It's kinda like the refs are competing to see who can ruin the game better.

Hey Harry, come to Duke and set some moving screens. Maybe you can even score a few points on some offensive rebounds.

Not watching, but looks like Giles is filling up the box score once again. 0 points, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 fouls, 15:24 left in the 2nd half.

Giles is now up to 0 points and 4 fouls, 1 assist, 1 turnover ....with 3:50 left.
Heck of a game Harry.

Just watched #1 camp out in lane for 4 or 5 seconds. Is the 3 second rule still on the books?

Saw it with my own eyes. He was holding up the duke logo on his jersey and running his mouth like he personally just hit the game winning shot in a national championship. Remember that guy from Ole Miss at Auburn a few years back? It was like that.

marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

There is probably no video evidence, because there would be no reason for television cameras at a college basketball broadcast to ever pay attention to where Harry Giles is on the court.

Underrated person is the girl in the navy AU shirt in the back. Great "O" face.

Never noticed her. The GIF that keeps on giving.

Smug bro to her right keeps his cool.

This stuff is pretty comical. In hindsight there are a heck of a lot more players that we missed out on which would have elevated our program to the next level. Jabbar? Not sure if that story is true, but it's a good story.

Every time I see this thread I think 'wow we sure got the best of him, he knows he'll be playing in the NCAA, going to get 1st round guaranteed draft money, if he's smart and can't stick in the league he'll have a 20 year head start on any earnings a normal new college grad would get.

Oden may have flamed out in the NBA but he had a bit of fun with Conelly in the NCAA's and Conelly was our main target. If there is anyone we should have disdain for it's Mike Conelly.

I get we put a lot into Giles, but looking back he wasn't the savior everyone said he'd be, in the end that would have been a Loren Woods type of frustration that we really didn't need.

Thousands and thousands of posts, hundreds of Biff gifs - all for 5 and 5 a game. What a colossal waste of time. I feel dumb for having participated.

Back