• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

John Collins DX Draft Express--Team: Wake Forest, Sophomore
H: 6' 10" W: 225 lbs Bday: 09/23/1997 (19 Years Old)
Current: PF NBA: PF Possible: PF
Pick: 25 in 2017 Mock Draft
Rank 27 in Top 100 Prospects
Rank 11 in NCAA Sophomores
Rank 25 in Top ACC Prospects
RSCI: 134

ACC in the 1st round per newly updated Bleacher Report 1/31/2017

4. Dallas Mavericks: Dennis Smith Jr. (N.C. State, PG, 6'3", Freshman)
5. Philadelphia 76ers: Jonathan Isaac (Florida State, SF/PF, 6'10", Freshman)
10. Sacramento Kings: Jayson Tatum (Duke, SF, 6'8", Freshman)
13. Milwaukee Bucks: Harry Giles (Duke, PF/C, 6'10", Freshman)
17. Chicago Bulls: John Collins (Wake Forest, PF, 6'10", Sophomore)
21. Oklahoma City Thunder: Tyler Lydon (Syracuse, PF, 6'9", Sophomore)
23. Toronto Raptors: Luke Kennard (Duke, SG, 6'6", Sophomore)
25. Brooklyn Nets (via BOS): Justin Jackson (North Carolina, SF, 6'8", Junior)
26. Toronto Raptors (via LAC): Jaron Blossomgame (Clemson, F, 6'7", Senior)
28. Trail Blazers (via CLE): Dwayne Bacon (Florida State, SF, 6'7", Sophomore)

Last edited:
I can't get enough of that GIF...The funniest part is the black guy in the white shirt who appears to be a neutral employee of some kind just grinning while the frat bros freak out...

And the ladies in the upper right when the sign gets thrown.. one in blue with the 'oops' face and the one behind her screaming 'FUCK YOU!'...

And the ladies in the upper right when the sign gets thrown.. one in blue with the 'oops' face and the one behind her screaming 'FUCK YOU!'...

That GIF is phenomenal... seen it hundred times and NEVER caught that a sign was thrown until you pointed it out. Amazing.

That GIF is phenomenal... seen it hundred times and NEVER caught that a sign was thrown until you pointed it out. Amazing.

yeah. the GIF that keeps on giving...

sorry. that just slipped out. i'm in a good mood this afternoon.

Giles did not play in the 2nd half of Duke's home game against Pitt, the league's last place team

Not saying Giles is a bust, too early for that, but how is anyone grading him out as a first rounder? What am I missing?!?

I'd grade him somewhere between scrub and donk.

I'm beginning to believe he won't be able to go pro this year. Have you seen anything this year that makes you think he can regain elite athleticism?

Coach K is deliberately sandbagging with Giles so that he has to come back next year.

Has Giles ever been skilled? I only saw him play 3 times his junior year, but he bricked his free throws and jump shots in those games.

The last thing that Giles is going to do and is come back to duke and risk erratic playing time and scouts poking holes in his game. He is going to jump to the NBA one minute after Duke loses in the tourney because he has built in excuses for his performance this year that he won't have next year. And there will be an NBA team who takes a flyer on him in the first round because he is all potential.

Draft Express has Giles being drafted ahead of JC. I know I'm looking through my black and gold lens glasses, but why would any team preferentially draft Giles over JC?

Draft Express has Giles being drafted ahead of JC. I know I'm looking through my black and gold lens glasses, but why would any team preferentially draft Giles over JC?

JC has proven value.
Giles is still potential.

Title change to LOL Giles/ nervous JC Draft watch? How screwed are we if Collins leaves after this year? Hopefully big Sam will show marked improvement next year.

The John Collins #2 PER thread has a lot of Collins draft speculation.

I'm beginning to believe he won't be able to go pro this year. Have you seen anything this year that makes you think he can regain elite athleticism?

I haven't, but if someone is going to take him, then obviously he's got to go. McBob came back and fell out of the first round.

Giles' game relied a lot on athleticism. It can take more than a year to fully recover pre acl tear athletic ability (see Jabari Parker). Some guys never get it back, but many do. Multiple teams will be willing to take the chance on him.

I haven't, but if someone is going to take him, then obviously he's got to go. McBob came back and fell out of the first round.

I don't know why anyone would question Dook's ability to develop big men over the course of their college careers.

The OFFICIAL LOL at Harry Giles Thread

and the rest of duke for that matter...

We all need a little thread for laughter every now and then.

This team was considered the best group of freshman talent ever assembled.

Harry giles was touted as the best HS players since KD...

Id make a pretty good size bet that Harry never averages double digits in points or rebounds in the league....Am so glad we have John Collins over him.

shoot i like doral more just because hes not a headcase.

Kalipari showing Coach K that its not that easy, maybe k should stick to the 4 year floor slappers...

Who else thinks they flame out 1st or 2nd round this year? So much for Harry playing for that championship LOL

Back