• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Under 2 mins left vs Clemson & Harry still has as many points as he had when he woke up this morning.

I hope he finishes with flashes of what he can do and Duke ultimately flames out. Then he goes in the draft.

Don't want him coming back another year and having the opportunity to improve. He could be scary good if he ever reaches his potential.

Keep in mind that Kennard is a sophomore and Allen is a junior. Would be shocked if either of those guys left early.

So, if there's an opportunity to get rid of Giles before he gets good, I am all for it.

I hope he finishes with flashes of what he can do and Duke ultimately flames out. Then he goes in the draft.

Don't want him coming back another year and having the opportunity to improve. He could be scary good if he ever reaches his potential.

Keep in mind that Kennard is a sophomore and Allen is a junior. Would be shocked if either of those guys left early.

So, if there's an opportunity to get rid of Giles before he gets good, I am all for it.

Kennard may well leave. Some have him as high as Top 20.

Only a matter of time before Allen trips another guy or has another fit. Being from dook, NBA teams are fascinated by having them on the end of their bench.

Giles didn't play in 2nd half

Allen is graduating this year as a junior

Well if Allen decides to come to Wake as a grad transfer, he'll go from #1 D-bag to #1 hero in my book.

(Note, I know this is not going to happen so please nobody "correct" me about this)

Question is whether Collins leapfrogs him in the draft/mock drafts. A goose-egg?

Interesting read. I disagree with the advice, and think he should go, but it was an informative article.

Yeah. He should go. He's on a downward trajectory. He needs to jump before he becomes a has been. If he plays well, he will make plenty of cash on his second contract.

Yeah. He should go. He's on a downward trajectory. He needs to jump before he becomes a has been. If he plays well, he will make plenty of cash on his second contract.

I know some people are twisting themselves in a knot to figure out why JC should stay, but the only reason to stay is if there's a real risk you fall out of round 1. The money is just too much to overcome. So if someone wants to draft Giles in round 1, he's got to go. I don't think any team should, but several will be willing.

Harry Giles would be an idiot to stay, since there is no guarantee he will ever get his athleticism back. He has torn both acls, the left MCL, and had arthroscopic surgery on the right knee

You'd have to think it's gotta be relatively easy to negatively recruit Duke and their big man development

For every Okafor there's ten Giles and Boldens

He has to go. One more serious knee injury he would have to start looking at life after basketball. It would look much better if he had a few million to start with.

You'd have to think it's gotta be relatively easy to negatively recruit Duke and their big man development

For every Okafor there's ten Giles and Boldens

It says a lot that you were able to drive your point home without mentioning Chase Jeter.

Back