• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

At this point K is probably doing Giles a favor by benching him. Less likely to get hurt, less likely to look bad in live action.

Just looking at the current roster you have:

Harry Giles (consensus 5 star, No. 1 player): 5 pts, 4.4 rebs
Marques Bolden (consensus 5 star, top 20 player, No. 1 C): 1.9 pts, 1.3 rebs
Chase Jeter (soph, consensus 5 star, top 10 player): 2.6 pts, 2.7 rebs
Javin DeLaurier (consensus 4 star, top 10 PF): 1.3 pts, 2.3 rebs

Just looking at the current roster you have:

Harry Giles (consensus 5 star, No. 1 player): 5 pts, 4.4 rebs
Marques Bolden (consensus 5 star, top 20 player, No. 1 C): 1.9 pts, 1.3 rebs
Chase Jeter (soph, consensus 5 star, top 10 player): 2.6 pts, 2.7 rebs
Javin DeLaurier (consensus 4 star, top 10 PF): 1.3 pts, 2.3 rebs

#playerdevelopment

I was thinking that Harry going to Duke could turn out to be a great recruiting tool for DM. Look what K did with a consensus 5 Star recruit and what DM did with Collins.

I was thinking that Harry going to Duke could turn out to be a great recruiting tool for DM. Look what K did with a consensus 5 Star recruit and what DM did with Collins.

More like Capel. he is the perceived "big man coach. " not only is that their weak spot, but he looked completely lost trying to coach that team

Still boggles my mind why any big man would ever go to Duke. Rarely if ever do they develop or are used the way they should be.

Well if Allen decides to come to Wake as a grad transfer, he'll go from #1 D-bag to #1 hero in my book.

(Note, I know this is not going to happen so please nobody "correct" me about this)

But there is an interesting question here. When a player transfers, the original school basically owns his ass and can veto his choice. In the case of a graduate transfer does the original school have any power whatsoever?

I'm guessing no, but I don't know for sure. Does anyone know?

I don't understand how the knee surgeries caused Giles to lose his ability to shoot it beyond 5 feet.

Your shot is based is in your legs. If they don't give you a solid foundation, you can't shoot.

I don't understand how the knee surgeries caused Giles to lose his ability to shoot it beyond 5 feet.
I remember his first shot of his college career was a jumper. Has he even attempted another one since? Dude looks afraid to even try to make a post move out there.

But there is an interesting question here. When a player transfers, the original school basically owns his ass and can veto his choice. In the case of a graduate transfer does the original school have any power whatsoever?

I'm guessing no, but I don't know for sure. Does anyone know?

The only stipulation is that the student go to a graduate school (usually master's degree) program not available at his undergraduate school. Some of the programs in the religion and communications departments are useful in that regard for Wake.

Your shot is based is in your legs. If they don't give you a solid foundation, you can't shoot.

His legs are in pretty good shape- good enough to hit a foul shot or an open jumper from 15 feet. He can't do that now.

I hope he gets drafted for good money and lives comfortably after a lackluster career.

The only stipulation is that the student go to a graduate school (usually master's degree) program not available at his undergraduate school. Some of the programs in the religion and communications departments are useful in that regard for Wake.

CWebb FTW!

Now thats worth a billboard!

Back