• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Ballad of Harry Giles
(To the tune of the Beverly Hillbilly's Theme Song)

5 stars hear the sad saga of
A former number one
A high school phenom
For sure a one and done
But opening day
He was shootin’ in the gym
Tore up his knee, his prospects start to dim

Second time, top pick, Harry Giles

Despite deep ties to Wake
Still he did not go there
Cause Ratface said, “they don’t have a prayer”
Said “A championship for Duke you can clench”
So he signed the letter
Only to land at the end of K’s bench

Meh. Don't feel bad for HG.

He used Wake Forest for years even though our coaching staff (and basketball alumni) gave him and his parents sound advice that was in his best interest. Capel just told him what he wanted to hear.

He deserves to be on a team with Grayson Allen and he deserves to be non-coached by K.

Karma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 and 12 in his first start.

He used Wake Forest for years even though our coaching staff (and basketball alumni) gave him and his parents sound advice that was in his best interest. Capel just told him what he wanted to hear.

He deserves to be on a team with Grayson Allen and he deserves to be non-coached by K.

Karma.

Bobby Beecher from nearby upper Stokes County did the same thing back in the 90's. Graduated from North Stokes in 1982, played countless hours in our gyms and used our training room, then went to Virginia Tech to play for Charlie Moir instead of Carl Tacy.

Bobby Beecher from nearby upper Stokes County did the same thing back in the 90's. Graduated from North Stokes in 1982, played countless hours in our gyms and used our training room, then went to Virginia Tech to play for Charlie Moir instead of Carl Tacy.

Kenny Dennard did much the same thing to Tacy. Moir was originally from Francisco, a remote part of Stokes County where Beecher lived. That gave Moir an edge.

Caring about lost recruits more than 24 hours after the decision is another thing Buzz cured/robbed me of. He's just another guy I dislike because he plays for Duke.

Are we really that shocked a local kid would decide to go to Duke over Wake, particularly in the current environment? #letitgo

Reff with a North Stokes reference. Man you are a local LOL

Karma.

Giles is this generation's Shaftlick Randolph. Enjoy the D-league.

"Shav-Lick My Balls" was my favorite chant that 04 ever came up with.

giddy-gif.gif

Giles is this generation's Shaftlick Randolph. Enjoy the D-league.

Anyone remember when J-Ho was falling out of bounds and threw the ball as hard as he could off of Shaftlick's face to keep possession? One of my favorite unheralded plays in WFU history.

Anyone remember when J-Ho was falling out of bounds and threw the ball as hard as he could off of Shaftlick's face to keep possession? One of my favorite unheralded plays in WFU history.

I thought that was McCants. It could have been both because that was his calling card.

Back