• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Have not seen him play but the story sounds similar to that of Ty Walker. He and Loren Woods helped me recalibrate expectations after my sense of judgement was altered by the spectacular career of Tim Duncan.

I hope Harry succeeds in the NBA. There is an awful lot of "Harrison Barnes Disease" in his college experience.

I hope Harry succeeds in the NBA. There is an awful lot of "Harrison Barnes Disease" in his college experience.

I hope he does well, too. I'll root against him when he's on the floor at the Joel next Saturday, but I certainly wish him no ill will from a health or career perspective.

If he isn't good, why would we want him at Wake?

He is a very good player who chose the wrong school. I wanted him at Wake and Wake treated him like a prince. He snubbed Wake and chose Duke. I hope he does as well as every other Dukie ie I hope he flames out in college. After that, I don't care. He made a bad decision, and I hope when other recruits are deciding between Wake and Duke they think back to the "what could have been" college year of Harry Giles and choose Wake.

He is a very good player who chose the wrong school. I wanted him at Wake and Wake treated him like a prince. He snubbed Wake and chose Duke. I hope he does as well as every other Dukie ie I hope he flames out in college. After that, I don't care. He made a bad decision, and I hope when other recruits are deciding between Wake and Duke they think back to the "what could have been" college year of Harry Giles and choose Wake.

Find: Harry Giles
Replace: Shaftlick Randolph

Find: Wake
Replace: State/UNC

If he had chosen Wake, he would be getting a much larger amount of playing time on a team who truly needs him on the floor and would be improving his game under the tutelage of Danny Manning. I suspect Giles would have excelled under his teaching as JC has done. Harry was a 5 star and draft express has him as ~#18; JC was a 3 star and draft express has him as ~#32. I hope future recruits focus on these facts, and it impacts Wakes future recruiting in a positive manner.

If he had chosen Wake, he would be getting a much larger amount of playing time on a team who truly needs him on the floor and would be improving his game under the tutelage of Danny Manning. I suspect Giles would have excelled under his teaching as JC has done. Harry was a 5 star and draft express has him as ~#18; JC was a 3 star and draft express has him as ~#32. I hope future recruits focus on these facts, and it impacts Wakes future recruiting in a positive manner.

I think his lack of success has little to do with coaching and a lot to do with a body that doesn't work like it used to.

Draft Express has Collins near the end of the 1st round? Whoa.

It would be nice to only have a year break between the Duncan era and Collins era in San Antonio.

Hmmm...

Ah ok. Collins to the Spurs would be a nice consolation prize if he jumps. They do need a PF. Maybe Giles will fall that far.

I think his lack of success has little to do with coaching and a lot to do with a body that doesn't work like it used to.

His body break down has a lot to do with picking up an injury at a school coach k wanted him to attend, then picking up another injury at a school coach k wanted him to attend.

Very sad(!) when you're saying this about an eighteen year old.

I give the kid props for even playing high level basketball after blowing out both knees by the age of 18. Considering his injury history, he might only get 1 big NBA contract.

Remember when Duke players did so well in college and then flamed out in the pros?

This thread stinks and almost guarantees he goes off in one or both of the games against us

Remember when Duke players did so well in college and then flamed out in the pros?

Not really. I remember when they didn't live up to the hype which is pretty much still the case.

Back