• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

I mean Giles has no chance at even making all-acc rookie team, right? shit even his little "sidekick" bchill is having a way better season

I'll admit it makes me smile to watch Giles struggle. Hope he has a great NBA career but I also hope he looks at Chill and always regrets his college choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

must suck to watch your buddy DSJ shit all over you on your home court while you sit on the bench.

It would make me so happy for a lot of reasons if BChill goes off against duke on Saturday.

If somebody could hit Giles with one of these it'd be nice as well (minus the charge call)

Giles followed the wrong buddy to college. Tatum is a team killer.

I'll admit it makes me smile to watch Giles struggle. Hope he has a great NBA career but I also hope he looks at Chill and always regrets his college choice.

Yeah this pretty much nails it.

Giles isn't the normal "oh we missed on a prospect and our fanbase is bitter" guy. And he was too much of a big deal to be the "he's just a kid so don't give him a hard time everyone makes mistakes" guy. He's a guaranteed NBA millionaire who knowingly took the easy path at our expense, exactly when our program couldn't afford to get screwed over. He had every chance early on to give Wake a chance to move on from him - instead we got stuck with a backup class of projects.

Giles will be fine. He's going to get drafted and make boatloads of money playing the game he loves.

So fuck that guy - Wake fans have every right to be comforted by his misfortune, short-lived though it may be.

Can Giles move into the first round, if he has a good showing in the NIT? :D

What I don't get is why DeLaurier went to Duke. He knew they had Giles, Jefferson and probably Bolden and that K liked to play one big and four scorers using Tatum at PF. How could he possibly think he'd play this year?

I was listening to his interview on the Duke radio network after the game and I honestly can not believe he qualified to play at the college level. I still am in the camp that thinks he failed all his summer school courses and Duke University made him sit out the first semester. Plenty of media saw him practicing for weeks before he played in his first game, which happened to be the day after Fall semester ended. I am thinking he secured his 2.0 average to make the Duke brass happy. Sad news is his entire life he has been told he is a sure thing NBA super star, and in 9th and 10th grade he was, but as he sat out with all those knee injuries lots of players passed him on the skill level. Slowly drifting to the end of the first round, and if his play keeps up he will be a second rounder come NIT time.

I was listening to his interview on the Duke radio network after the game and I honestly can not believe he qualified to play at the college level. I still am in the camp that thinks he failed all his summer school courses and Duke University made him sit out the first semester. Plenty of media saw him practicing for weeks before he played in his first game, which happened to be the day after Fall semester ended. I am thinking he secured his 2.0 average to make the Duke brass happy. Sad news is his entire life he has been told he is a sure thing NBA super star, and in 9th and 10th grade he was, but as he sat out with all those knee injuries lots of players passed him on the skill level. Slowly drifting to the end of the first round, and if his play keeps up he will be a second rounder come NIT time.

I thought he was generally regarded as a smart guy. Hadn't heard the 2.0 theory before now.

I get super uncomfortable when people make assumptions about a player's intelligence and/or school performance based on just hearing them talk.

I get super uncomfortable when people make assumptions about a player's intelligence and/or school performance based on just hearing them talk.

Well, people assume TheReff is an idiot just by reading a couple of sentences that he wrote.

Back