• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Unless the refs just utterly screw us, we're going to beat Duke by 12-15. Bank it.

Giles would have made Wake into a Sweet 16-level team this year. Instead he is on the bench for a crappy Duke team that has 15 McD AA's. Sad!

Why do people think that if Giles sucks for Dook, he would have somehow been awesome for Wake?

If he was any good, he would be playing for Dook.

Why do people think that if Giles sucks for Dook, he would have somehow been awesome for Wake?

Awesome? Maybe not. He would have been a better backup 4 than McClinton.

He's played pretty well when living in Winston Salem. When not living there, the stats suggest significant decline.

Giles draft stock has done nothing but drop since stepping onto the Duke campus. right now he is just not getting the minutes to get back to what he was before his second knee injury. would Wake have been a better place for him, maybe but not sure. regardless if his fizzled into nothing at Wake, he still would have been a Wake/City favorite just because.

Also the press we would have received just for signing the guy would have been great for the program.

Because if he went to Wake he wouldn't have transferred to all those schools and gotten new injuries, duh.

I didn't catch the first...35 minutes of the Duke-NC State game. Giles must have been playing some pretty terrible defense, and/or he's on some kind of minutes limitation. He had 8 pts and 7 rebs in 13 minutes sometime early in the second half, but only got one more minute on the floor.

I certainly don't think he would have been "awesome" for Wake; however, I have always said his skill set was not good fit for Duke's system. The most successful PFs at Duke have been those that can hit the three and play on the perimeter. Otherwise, your scoring chances are pretty much limited to offensive put-backs and the occasional pass from a driving perimeter player. It seems that Harry would be much better in an offense that makes a concerted effort to feed the low post and also allows him to face up in the 10-15 foot range. I think his main issue at Wake would have been that he is so similar to Collins, who appears to be a more reliable player at this point in time. Who knows if Manning would have played Collins and Giles together at the same time.

Giles draft stock has done nothing but drop since stepping onto the Duke campus. right now he is just not getting the minutes to get back to what he was before his second knee injury. would Wake have been a better place for him, maybe but not sure. regardless if his fizzled into nothing at Wake, he still would have been a Wake/City favorite just because.

If a McDAA came here and sucked, especially one from Winston, the fans would be killing him.

I wish Hairy Giles just enough success in the NIT to make the move now. The last thing he needs is another year of volunteer basketball. Get those checks, Hairy.

for years now highly rated big men consistently disappoint at duke, an uber perimeter oriented team and offense... and he's currently being coached by jeff capel.

A Collins/Giles combo in the front court would have worked very well. Too bad, but the kid made a terrible decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back