• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

dartsndeacs

THE quintessential dwarf
Reaction score
Bigger disappointment. Anthony Bennett or Harry Giles?

3rd game back, 2 weeks back, Grayson suspended and you're still coming off the bench for 12 minutes?

#karmavibes #Sacramentobound

What about Marques Bolden? 6 mpg - 2.2ppg.
Or Chase Jeter? 14 mpg - 2.9 ppg. (as a soph)
Then there is Sean Obi - played 26 mpg at Rice as a frosh and averaged 11.5 ppg. Got suckered into transferring to Duke and played 2.7 mpg last season while averaging 0.5 ppg. Hasn't played at all this season.

I dare say that he is even expecting to play as a starter. He wants to be at Duke and learn the ropes, play and not get hurt and improve his draft stock from a multi-injured high school star who was figured as a number one pick to now someone who is coming up on the draft so he has to prove he is healthy and still talented. Quite a difference but still in the lottery and he can probably move up. Hopefully he will not get hurt and he and his family can see the fruit of his talents pay off.

I dare say that he is even expecting to play as a starter. He wants to be at Duke and learn the ropes, play and not get hurt and improve his draft stock from a multi-injured high school star who was figured as a number one pick to now someone who is coming up on the draft so he has to prove he is healthy and still talented. Quite a difference but still in the lottery and he can probably move up. Hopefully he will not get hurt and he and his family can see the fruit of his talents pay off.

The only thing rat face cares about is another bump in his Nike contract. He'll get a bonus when Giles go Nike. It's always been about rat face. The rest is garbage.

Bigger disappointment. Anthony Bennett or Harry Giles?

3rd game back, 2 weeks back, Grayson suspended and you're still coming off the bench for 12 minutes?

#karmavibes #Sacramentobound

Anthony Bennett was at least good in college

The only thing rat face cares about is another bump in his Nike contract. He'll get a bonus when Giles go Nike. It's always been about rat face. The rest is garbage.

Well, I dare say that players getting "One & Done" lottery pick $$$ benefits them far more than it does Coach K. We have had a few leave ourselves that got lottery pick money--Kenny Green, Rodney Rogers, Chris Paul. Plus we had Jeff Teague, James Johnson & Al-Farouq Aminu leave early and get 1st round money. Giles has been slated as a #1 pick since he was a freshman in high school. His injuries have knocked him down the draft & he has to show he is healthy I would imagine.

Well, I dare say that players getting "One & Done" lottery pick $$$ benefits them far more than it does Coach K. We have had a few leave ourselves that got lottery pick money--Kenny Green, Rodney Rogers, Chris Paul. Plus we had Jeff Teague, James Johnson & Al-Farouq Aminu leave early and get 1st round money. Giles has been slated as a #1 pick since he was a freshman in high school. His injuries have knocked him down the draft & he has to show he is healthy I would imagine.

Although I, as everyone else was very frustrated when Giles decided to go to Duke, I really think the title of this credit inappropriate. He is a 17-year-old kid who made a bad decision and is trying to recover from multiple injuries in this short career . Maybe a more appropriate thread title is "laughing out loud at Dukes use of their recruits"

Although I, as everyone else was very frustrated when Giles decided to go to Duke, I really think the title of this credit inappropriate. He is a 17-year-old kid who made a bad decision and is trying to recover from multiple injuries in this short career . Maybe a more appropriate thread title is "laughing out loud at Dukes use of their recruits"

Meh fuck him. Ha ha ha.

Poor Harry! He seemingly had it all and then apparently squandered it at the behest of K. There is surely a lesson in the misbegotten saga of Harry Giles. We need a ballad.

Really lame thread, particular considering his woes are primarily related to medical injury. He'll still be a first round pick and play in the the NCAA tournament while our program sits and watches on the sidelines for the seventh straight year.

giphy.gif

Giles needs to prove he can make a jump shot outside of eight feet. That will help.

He'll still drop 30 on us when he comes to W-S at the end of the month.

He'll still drop 30 on us when he comes to W-S at the end of the month.

30 seems like an impossibly high number of minutes for him, but you may be right. With 30 minutes, he could probably log a triple-triple, though I have a hard time seeing him get to the FT line for that 3rd point.

Back