• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

assuming it's one of these "self made" people, the money is the scoreboard - they live to work

Two things people aren't talking about RE: Doral are occupancy rate and free advertising. Trump could sell the rooms and food at 10% below cost and save/make money by not making a theoretical profit.

There are costs for every room whether they are filled with a paying customer or empty. At the time of the the G7 is supposed to meet, Doral (and many FL properties) typically have 40% or lower occupancy. Any money he gets will lessen his losses at that time even if he gives massive discounts.

He will also realize tens of millions of dollars from free PR/advertising for the property. Even if he gave the rooms and food away, this would net him a profit. In fact, giving the rooms and food away could net a huge profit from PR and on taxes as well as showing himself to be "patriotic" or "saving the government from paying".

There was an entire segment on Marketplace this morning on the free advertising.

I did not see that but others I've seen haven't said anything. He's already got a ton of free press.

I've never been there, but I've seen it on approach to the Miami airport a few times. It's just a golf course and hotel smack dab in the middle of a city, right? Who the fuck would want to stay there when you have, you know, the beach nearby?

I've never been there, but I've seen it on approach to the Miami airport a few times. It's just a golf course and hotel smack dab in the middle of a city, right? Who the fuck would want to stay there when you have, you know, the beach nearby?

In the middle of a suburb west of Miami, yeah. It's closer to the Everglades than the beach.

If I could quit tomorrow and travel the world and run and bike whenever I wanted, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I’d go on a mission to see every single bird species. I’m at about 750 so that leaves me about 9,300 to go.

DeSantis also tied in with the arrested Giuliani associates who attended his election party? Seems as if he also got paid by them around the time he endorsed Donald. Oops

But the FBI got Gillum’s brother Hamilton tickets.

Don’t know how hot of a take this is but when we shouldn’t give politicians a free pass when they “give back” illegal contributions. That just turns an illegal donation into an illegal no-interest loan.

One thing virtually no one is talking about the illegal event at Doral is how much Trump will benefit long term. Let's look at a few items:

Doral only has two presidential suites. I'm guessing the other five won't want a regular room or suite. To build the other five will cost well into eight figures which Trump will personally benefit from long after they leave. Extra support housing will need to be built. This is easily into eight figures.

Security buildings will need to be built. More millions for Trump.

How about helipads? At least two or three will need to be built. This will be short term money.

The long term profit will come from renovating the golf courses where the helipads will have to be situated. This will save Trump into eight figures.

Other upgrades around the property will be necessary. Those will remain for use at Doral.

Just these will give Trump close to or over $100,000,000 in benefits long after the G7 and after he leaves office.

Hopefully all the construction companies will paid in advance or Trump will keep the money and make them sue him.

Here's something else that will bring Trump millions of dollars. For several months before the leaders arrive, each will be sending advance squads to learn everything about the area. These teams will spend on rooms, food, golf and in many other areas.

When you add all the free publicity to all the other money and benefits, I don't think it would be unreasonable to estimate the total personal benefit to Trump at $250,000,000. That's a nice bit of self-dealing and emoluments.

Last edited:
Here's a twist. Just saw The Mooch on CNN. He said he thinks the whole Doral thing will be dropped soon as Trump is using it to deflect off the impeachment.

Back