• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

The 2005 returns were stamped client copy. There's a lot of speculation that the Trump team leaked them to change the subject to something less damaging to him in the news cycle.

Surely Maddow hadn't seen the returns when she was tweeting. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely Maddow hadn't seen the returns when she was tweeting. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know why. It was a ratings grab. It's example 875,491 proving nothing good comes from cable news.

Geraldo-Rivera-e1414378929872.png

The 2005 returns were stamped client copy. There's a lot of speculation that the Trump team leaked them to change the subject to something less damaging to him in the news cycle.

He also sued around that time the author of a book that said he wasn't worth what he claimed to be worth and discovery was involved, to include tax returns.

Doesn't really matter in the end, though. Nice work, Detective Maddow

He also sued around that time the author of a book that said he wasn't worth what he claimed to be worth and discovery was involved, to include tax returns.

Doesn't really matter in the end, though. Nice work, Detective Maddow

we report. you decide.

Official Trump Admin Conflict of Interest Thread

Leaking someone's tax returns is a felony, no? Who would be guilty of a crime here? Maddow or her source or both?

Leaking someone's tax returns is a felony, no? Who would be guilty of a crime here? Maddow or her source or both?

I don't think it's crazy to assume they ultimately got leaked by someone connected to the WH.

i think ultimately they came from Trump

I don't think it's crazy to assume they ultimately got leaked by someone connected to the WH.

Possibly. Under the assumption that they did not and obtained the return from an outside source, that is a felony, correct? She claimed it was somehow protected by the 1st amendment, which strikes me as odd. I didn't know the first amendment gave you immunity to a felony.

Neither Maddow nor Johnson can be in any trouble for receiving and reporting on this document. Johnson seems to think Trump or someone close to Trump leaked just these two pages to show he made a lot of money and paid a lot of taxes.

Think about it for a minute. He gets out that he made a lot of money, paid a lot taxes without showing how. If this was guy stealing or being given Trump's tax returns, wouldn't he have more than just two pages? Wouldn't he have more details? why does he only have the stuff that makes Trump look good?

Neither Maddow nor Johnson can be in any trouble for receiving and reporting on this document. Johnson seems to think Trump or someone close to Trump leaked just these two pages to show he made a lot of money and paid a lot of taxes.

Think about it for a minute. He gets out that he made a lot of money, paid a lot taxes without showing how. If this was guy stealing or being given Trump's tax returns, wouldn't he have more than just two pages? Wouldn't he have more details? why does he only have the stuff that makes Trump look good?

Sure they can. They were the ones who published/reported the information, correct? This wasn't public information until they reported on it. They made the decision, fully knowing the law, to publicly leak it. The 1st amendment doesn't protect them from that.

Now if it's a leak from the White House, which is entirely plausible, it's a moot point.

The news wasn't "fake." She actually had the President's tax return (or at least part of it). The problem was the tax returns had basically zero value from a news perspective.

It was a cynical ratings grab. To the extent she had much in the way of credibility, she lost a good bit of it.

Back