• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

If the roles were reversed, the Republicans would be hammering a Dem administration hard for this.

The most frustrating thing about Democrats is that Republicans have written the playbook on how to suck up media attention with fake outrage about made up issues and Democrats refuse to use it with real outrage about real issues.

What makes you think they're not working on it around the clock ? They're obviously keeping an eye on the most improtant websites aslong as they're not restricted.

I’m starting to think that Obama travel/golf complaints may not have been exactly about fiscal responsibility. I wonder what could have been the problem?

Trump Endorsed a Risky Antidepressant for Veterans. Lawmakers Want to Know if His Mar-a-Lago Pals Had a Stake in the Drugmaker.

After the FDA approval, Johnson & Johnson immediately set its sights on the VA, according to emails obtained by ProPublica through the Freedom of Information Act. On March 6, the day after the FDA acted, a company official emailed Deborah Scher, an adviser to VA Secretary Robert Wilkie, from a Spravato launch event, saying, “We have been talking about you and the VA throughout the day.”

A day later, on March 7, Wilkie talked with Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky, according to an email between Scher and a company liaison. Scher replied that the VA’s top health official, Richard Stone, was taking charge of getting Spravato into the VA system. “He says this project is well underway,” Scher told the Johnson & Johnson contact. “He has coordinated all of the appropriate leaders from pharmacy, mental health, etc.”

Wilkie had the conversation with Gorsky at the urging of Trump, according to the president’s own account. “I had seen it somewhere, and I’ve read it, regularly, quite a bit about it,” Trump said of Spravato at a White House event on opioids on June 12. “I said, ‘Order — corner the market on it and give it to anybody that has the problem.’”

The White House declined to comment on where Trump saw or read about Spravato. Knewitz, the Johnson & Johnson spokesman, said the company hasn’t discussed the drug with the president.

In addition to Perlmutter, Moskowitz and Sherman, the House Democrats also directed their letter to Perlmutter’s wife, Laura, who was involved in meetings and emails with VA officials. The couple was among Trump’s biggest donors in 2016, contributing almost $7.5 million to Republican causes, according to federal elections data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics. The spokesman for Perlmutter, Moskowitz and Sherman declined to comment for Laura Perlmutter beyond the group’s statement.

Back