• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

Unreal. Everyone knows he turned down money for rail. He has no shame. We would have rail connecting Tampa, Orlando, and Miami by now if not for Scott.

Unreal. Everyone knows he turned down money for rail. He has no shame. We would have rail connecting Tampa, Orlando, and Miami by now if not for Scott.

I know Scott has a ton of money to spend (much of it his own), but it seems to me that he should be vulnerable on a number of issues. Nelson, from my admittedly non-Florida perspective, has been running a weak campaign thus far, and really needs to step it up if he's going to have a chance in November. I don't live in Florida and thus can't speak to the ads and publicity campaigns of both candidates, but it seems as if Scott has been all over the news and doing commercials, yet I've seen or heard relatively little from Nelson. At this point I don't know what he's waiting for. Maybe somebody who's from Florida can give a better perspective.

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Corrupt as Fuck

Nelson has done very little and I give him little chance to win unless Gillum is the Dem Gov nominee to spark more interest. Scott should be very vulnerable. He’s very corrupt and he has an awful track record with letting business get away with whatever and destroying the environment.

Nelson is very low key considering he’s a former astronaut and senator of a swing state.

Last edited:
Nelson has done very little and I give him little chance to win unless Gillum is the Dem Gov nominee to spark more interest. Scott should be very vulnerable. He’s very corrupt and he has an awful track record with letting business get away with whatever and destroying the environment.

Nelson is very low key considering he’s a former astronaut and senator of a swing state.

Low key probably won't get the job done in a very large state with a prominent, colorful, and very well-heeled opponent. If Nelson cares about keeping the seat, he's going to have to change his style and amp things up. Given his age and temperament, that probably isn't very likely, unfortunately. As you said, maybe a strong Democratic gubernatorial candidate can carry him in on his coattails. If the Dems could hang on to that Senate seat, it could be huge. Nelson is the definite underdog, though.

I agree. He won easily 3 times but Scott is his toughest opponent in a different political environment.

I don’t get how Scott has so much support in Florida.

As you can imagine, it’s hard to convince Florida Man that corruption on Scott’s level is a big deal. Also Scott was very present during Hurricane Irma last year and earned himself some credibility. He takes credit for lowing unemployment although I don’t think it didn’t drop any lower than the national rate did over the last 8 years.

The problem is Nelson. If the full range of Dems and left leaning independents comes out, he wins. But Scott’s opponents haven’t done that and I’m not sure Nelson has either. That’s why I think Gillum is key.

Don't forget his TV ads that accuse Nelson of "stealing from Medicare". This coming from the guy that made tons of money as the CEO of a company that literally stole money from Medicare.

Back