• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

Hey, something I have direct and personal experience with! First off, I have never seen the President getting involved in military awards in my 10-year career. And I seriously doubt my co-workers whose service dates back to the early 80s have seen anything like it as well. There is a case brewing at Fort Bragg, Golsteyn, who was awarded the Silver Star, but was later revoked (went up to the Secretary of the Army level), after alleged misconduct was discovered. But a revoked rare award like a Silver Star is not even in the same ballpark as POTUS getting involved in low-level awards for prosecuting a court-martial POTUS didn't like.

I could go on for hours about the dangers of unlawful command influence in the military justice system, from Nixon commuting Calley's sentence for the My Lai massacre to Trump with Bergdahl and now Gallagher/Golsteyn. Don't even get me started on the pardons...

If you want some dense reading, here's at least one judge who said Bergdahl didn't get a fair shot because of Trump tweets: https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-con...DAHL-20170582-Opinion-of-the-Court-190716.pdf Well all three said he didn't get a fair shot, but the dissenting judge would have set aside the dishonorable discharge.

This is some Zinke-style corruption.

Tommy Fisher and his wife gave at least $10,000 — the maximum allowable contribution — to Cramer in 2018 when he ran for Senate, records show. Fisher was Cramer’s guest at Trump’s State of the Union speech in February. The company chief executive said he shook Trump’s hand afterward. Fisher has also been a repeat guest on Fox News in recent months, where he has praised the border wall effort and promoted his firm.

Fisher Industries was hired by activist group We Build the Wall to install a span of steel bollard fencing this spring on private land west of El Paso. Former Trump adviser Stephen K. Bannon, Blackwater USA founder Erik Prince and immigration hard-liner Kris Kobach are among the board members of the group, which says it has raised $25 million through private donations.

For Fisher, the project has been a showcase for what it says are innovative techniques that install the steel fencing faster and cheaper than its competitors. But despite Cramer’s efforts to influence and the president’s endorsement, Fisher was not picked by the Army Corps in recent rounds of bidding.

Fisher sued the government in April, alleging improprieties with the Army Corps procurement process.

During previous bids, the Army Corps said the company’s design did not meet its requirements and lacked regulatory approvals. DHS officials also told the Army Corps in March that Fisher’s work on a barrier project in San Diego came in late and over budget.

Can you imagine the outrage if President Bernie exercised emergency powers to take over some shithole rural area infested with opioids?

Can you imagine the outrage if President Bernie exercised emergency powers to take over some shithole rural area infested with opioids?

Not to mention that Trump wouldn't do a damn thing to seriously help the people there. It would just be a PR stunt to go after Cummings and other urban LibDem critics, and, as always, provide red meat to right-wing media and his base. If anything, Trump taking over Baltimore (which won't happen) would just provide cover for his family and the other grifters in his administration to move in and begin making sweet dough from the residents there. There are several ways to look at Trump's administration (all bad), and one is to see it as a huge con job on the American people, and especially as a financial raid by one family and their cronies on the federal government. It's like Harding's Teapot Dome days in the Roaring 20s, but on a much greater scale.

Trump & Fox News are going nuts over this. Trump has already tweeted attacks on Castro for doing this, and Fox News has it as the top story on their website. For people who are supposedly so proud to be "Real Americans" and MAGA advocates, Trump donors certainly don't want it to be publicized, especially on social media.

Last edited:
Republicans do loathsome things. Democrats call out people who support Republicans doing loathsome things. Republicans think the latter inspires violence.

Trump & Fox News are going nuts over this. Trump has already tweeted attacks on Castro for doing this, and Fox News has it as the top story on their website. For people who are supposedly so proud to be "Real Americans" and MAGA advocates, Trump donors certainly don't want it to be publicized, especially on social media.

Republicans obtained and released text messages between FBI agents that the agents had believed to be private. Fox News posted the names and faces of the agents, along with their texts, for months on end, trying to build a narrative that the FBI was out to get Trump. Trump still talks about them in his rallies.

Donor names are publicly disclosed on the FEC's website.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Back