• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

You can look at the negatives or you can look at the positives.

Paying off a couple of companies to not fire people for a few months = positive

There is a long tradition in Washington of lobbyists trading on their access to powerful figures, but ethics experts were taken aback by how bluntly Lewandowski pitched his new lobbying shop. A news release issued by the firm, Avenue Strategies, touted its location “just a block from the White House” on Pennsylvania Avenue and quoted Lewandowski saying, “I will always be President-elect Trump’s biggest supporter.”

“We’ve been overly desensitized to shock, but we should be shocked,” Eisen said.

“How did Trump not repudiate that announcement?” Eisen asked. “I think he should repudiate it. I doubt he will.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6f69a399dd5_story.html?utm_term=.c56bd1a7c6e4

If this is winning, then Wake has roughly 46 National Championships in basketball and football.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I just learned that this is exactly the same number of people that Hillary murdered (see, thereff on a different thread. or maybe this one, idk).

There is a long tradition in Washington of lobbyists trading on their access to powerful figures, but ethics experts were taken aback by how bluntly Lewandowski pitched his new lobbying shop. A news release issued by the firm, Avenue Strategies, touted its location “just a block from the White House” on Pennsylvania Avenue and quoted Lewandowski saying, “I will always be President-elect Trump’s biggest supporter.”

“We’ve been overly desensitized to shock, but we should be shocked,” Eisen said.

“How did Trump not repudiate that announcement?” Eisen asked. “I think he should repudiate it. I doubt he will.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6f69a399dd5_story.html?utm_term=.c56bd1a7c6e4

Awesome. That kind of feigned outrage is not easy to display.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I just learned that this is exactly the same number of people that Hillary murdered (see, thereff on a different thread. or maybe this one, idk).

It all ties together. Hillary is BZ in drag. Amazing what make-up artist can do.

Thank God we dodged that bullet.

Good stuff on top of today's nepotism announcement.

2mo6mhl.png

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattdra...mpaign=sprinklrForbesTechTwitter#3491952b5c12

An internet troll, who was once called “the most hated man on the internet” and is banned from Twitter, is recommending candidates to serve in the Trump administration.

Charles “Chuck” Johnson, a controversial blogger and conservative online personality, has been pushing for various political appointees to serve under Donald Trump, according to multiple sources close to the President-elect’s transition team. While Johnson does not have a formal position, FORBES has learned that he is working behind the scenes with members of the transition team’s executive committee, including billionaire Trump donor Peter Thiel, to recommend, vet and give something of a seal of approval to potential nominees from the so-called "alt-right."

SAPVoice
How Bots Can Help You Find the Right Gift This Year
The proximity to power is something new for Johnson, a self-described “journalist, author and debunker of frauds,” who has made a name for himself by peddling false information and right-wing conspiracy theories online. In the months leading up to the election, Johnson, 28, used social media and his website GotNews.com to stump for the President-elect while also publishing misinformation on Trump’s detractors. Now, Johnson is helping to pick some of the leaders who may run the country for the next four years.

FORBES verified Johnson’s involvement with multiple people close to the transition team who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. When asked about his work with the transition team, Johnson said last month that he had “no formal role,” and was vague regarding his level of influence. Johnson agreed to multiple phone and email interviews with FORBES in December, but he declined to return repeated follow-up requests for comment this month.

Last edited:
Odds on which cabinet member shanks him?

http://uproxx.com/news/monica-crowley-trump-natl-security-nominee-plagiarism/

Monica Crowley, Trump’s Nominee For A Top National Security Spot, Appears To Be A Serial Plagiarist
KIMBERLY RICCI 01.10.17 • 2 COMMENTS

Donald Trump’s recent slew of appointments includes Monica Crowley — the conservative commentator who once agreed with Bill O’Reilly that institutional racism no longer exists — in a top national security position. All appointees are generally subjected to media digging, but Crowley’s brand of dirt is looking pretty mucky. This weekend saw CNN’s KFile (the work of Andrew Kaczynski) unearth an alarmingly massive trove of plagiarized excerpts within her 2012 book, What The (Bleep) Just Happened.

Kaczynski located passages that were actually written by Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, several Wall Street Journal journalists, the BBC, the Associated Press, and a podiatrist. Crowley also apparently plagiarized Wikipedia and Investopedia and a ton of other original sources, most of which were rather blatant examples, but the Trump transition team chose to sick with her:

HewEngland- Haas...I posted the Crowley plagiarism story several days ago. :)

Back