• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

I think I posted a while back on a different thread about how, from a ground level experience, working with the actual Federal employees who get real work done has been a respite from all the headlines of Trump croneyism.

Well, out of the main 4 agencies I work with, we just had the 4th collapse internally. On the plus side, the leads either took temporary reassignments or leaves of absence so they can be reinstated quickly if/when the time comes. But that's the only good part. It's unbelievable to see the corrosion finally making it to the core of these institutions, and it is monumentally depressing.

There's absolutely a sense of time winding down in corruption land, and a lot of sidelined actors are sprinting to take advantage before it's too late. And good god the COVID money. We'll be hearing stories for years... Just have to hope this is the bottom.

You should publish a Medium article about that. I haven’t seen much out there about the corruption and ineptitude from that perspective

So disheartening and unsurprising.

Sailor and anus lock arms in sweet sweet lib owning solidarity while the country burns and the trumps and their cronies cash checks.

You should publish a Medium article about that. I haven’t seen much out there about the corruption and ineptitude from that perspective

Funny story - when I was in my 20's I worked for Customs. As a mid-level systems engineer I ended up performing a lot of outage updates along with our ops folks. One in particular was a database schema update, the column was a boolean CHK_HALAL which was, on it's face, obviously a suspicious change.

Luckily a few senior folks much more angry than I made an anonymous report to CNN and it made some decent headlines. We backed out the change shortly after - but man there was hell to pay and a lot of people got fired.

It's all fun and games until you report something and permanently lose all clearances forever.

I think I posted a while back on a different thread about how, from a ground level experience, working with the actual Federal employees who get real work done has been a respite from all the headlines of Trump croneyism.

Well, out of the main 4 agencies I work with, we just had the 4th collapse internally. On the plus side, the leads either took temporary reassignments or leaves of absence so they can be reinstated quickly if/when the time comes. But that's the only good part. It's unbelievable to see the corrosion finally making it to the core of these institutions, and it is monumentally depressing.

There's absolutely a sense of time winding down in corruption land, and a lot of sidelined actors are sprinting to take advantage before it's too late. And good god the COVID money. We'll be hearing stories for years... Just have to hope this is the bottom.

Jus’ drainin’ tha swaamp!

Remember that time Republicans tried absentee ballot shenanigans in NC?

We are witnessing a collapse of democracy. We are voting on whether or not to restore it.

Can I take a part time job reaching out to the donors to give them the news? Maybe, someone can make a documentary.

Who’s gonna stop ‘em

Probably Rubio is just about to stand up to them... what... give him a minute... now... its about to happen... now... OK. Here we go... sternly worded letter... now... ok... its coming... ready... 3... 2... 1...

Remember that time Republicans tried absentee ballot shenanigans in NC?

We are witnessing a collapse of democracy. We are voting on whether or not to restore it.

As only the anti-Trump hysteria is allowing for any denial of Paterson, NJ's mail-in vote fraud and the need for a new vote after their debacle with mass mail-in voting. Nah, nothing can go wrong with the Presidential election results being up to mass mail-in voting...……………..

Back