• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NASCAR Thread - Truex, KyB, Harvick & Kes for all the marbles

Fantasy has updated now.

I was pulling for Chase at the end but I knew he'd never be able to hold them off.

I did crappy despite having the winner, KuBu. Nobody else did better than 28th. lol Jr. got taken out by KyB but I still had 2 in the top 5 with a few laps to go. Larson was set to finish 2nd then ran out of gas. Ugh! :tear:

Oh well... on to Atlanta.

Elliot wouldn't let off. If he wasn't hell bent on leading the last 40 laps, he wouldn't have run out of gas. Fall back into the pack some and let someone else punch a hole in the air for you.

Sux that Blaney's momentum got pinched off. I thought he actually had enough of a run to pull it off.

oh the pains of not reading into fantasy nascar...for some reason i was thinking that i could pick a whole new lineup each week?? looks like i am stuck w/my team until their starts run out then i am allowed to switch them out with the rest of the field??

You can switch your drivers each week, you just have to do so before the expiration time. Usually it's 2am on the day of qualifying. Also, you can swap your starters for bench people up until the start of the race.

So 2 races in, what's everybody's feeling on "stage" racing? I find it a little gimmicky and not nearly as exciting as they want it to be.

I think it's a good change to make it more interesting. However, they have to stop messing with stuff every few years. Hopefully this is the last change for a while. (This is also coming from a Harvick fan so I appreciate the chance to get points in the middle of the race before he blows it).

Yeah, but a point here and a point there really doesn't make much difference in the long run anymore. Wins are what matter as far as getting to the Chase. Maybe a few points do matter for ones battling for the last position at the end of the year. I get that, but killing someone's momentum in the middle of the race just to do a restart is just crazy. Let them race. Rewards should come at the end of a race, not the middle.

Yeah, but a point here and a point there really doesn't make much difference in the long run anymore. Wins are what matter as far as getting to the Chase. Maybe a few points do matter for ones battling for the last position at the end of the year. I get that, but killing someone's momentum in the middle of the race just to do a restart is just crazy. Let them race. Rewards should come at the end of a race, not the middle.

Small point of disagreement. The points and segment wins in particular carry over to Chase points, so they do matter more than just making it into the Chase.

I like the segments, especially for when we get to the tracks known for extremely long, boring, green flag runs. Plus, it gives the feel of Saturday night short track racing, where all of these guys cut their teeth. So far, the races have kept my attention better than they have in years.

i love the segment racing!! i hate the fact that i am DFL in fantasy but that's ok. that's where us rookies are suppose to be at right?? ride around the back and watch everyone else ride up front. thank goodness it's a looooong season!!

I'm killing it so far in fantasy...not sure what will happen when Erik Jones is no longer available as my C driver. That section is pitiful.

Vegas just got a second race for next year. Kinda hate this because it is likely that a non-cookie cutter track will lose a race. I'm guessing New Hampshire.

I'm killing it so far in fantasy...not sure what will happen when Erik Jones is no longer available as my C driver. That section is pitiful.

I'm gonna win fantasy nascar, so just go ahead and be cool with that, ok?

Vegas just got a second race for next year. Kinda hate this because it is likely that a non-cookie cutter track will lose a race. I'm guessing New Hampshire.

Rockingham & Wilkesboro were my two favorite tracks. (Bristol used to be one of them, before they switched to concrete and made it where you could run two-wide everywhere.) Martinsville is nice, too, but the races there aren't as interesting as the ones at Rockingham & Wilkesboro were, IMO. Another great thing about those two tracks in addition to the great racing....for a person living in central NC....is that they were both only a couple of hours away and you could go to a race, get in and get out fairly easily, and be home in a short time.

Last edited:
Back