• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NASCAR Thread - Truex, KyB, Harvick & Kes for all the marbles

Jr to run 5 or 6 Xfinity races next year, no Cup.

The Brantley Gilbert Big Machine Brickyard 400? GMAFB.

Also, I'm on vacation next week and, God willing, away from news and technology. Peace.

Jr. lobbied hard for it. Good for Alex.

So who will nab Kenseth? He may not be a spring chicken but he's still got plenty left in the tank.

Jr. lobbied hard for it. Good for Alex.

So who will nab Kenseth? He may not be a spring chicken but he's still got plenty left in the tank.

I don't think he has sponsorship, which is the big issue.

I could see him going to any of:

3rd RCR car (Menard out and taking sponsor with him) or to the Germain car (which is essentially an RCR Car) while Ty moves up.
3rd yet to be created Penske car
Wood Brothers and Blaney goes to 3rd Penske car
77 car
Back to Roush as part of their revival
5 car cause he is certainly better than Kahne at this point

A lot of options really

My thought is the 5 car will be Byron's to lose. He still needs a year or so in Xfinity, so Kenseth will go to the 5 until Byron is ready. There are some pretty heavy rumblings that Kahne will go to a new GMS Cup team to help mentor Spencer Gallagher, all while focusing on his sprint car team. IMO, Gallagher is a lost cause, but its his daddy's money he's spending, so oh well.

In other news, RPM is searching for a sponsor to get Bubba in a cup ride for next year. The rumors of Almirola taking Smithfield to the 10 seem to have calmed down recently.

My thought is the 5 car will be Byron's to lose. He still needs a year or so in Xfinity, so Kenseth will go to the 5 until Byron is ready. There are some pretty heavy rumblings that Kahne will go to a new GMS Cup team to help mentor Spencer Gallagher, all while focusing on his sprint car team. IMO, Gallagher is a lost cause, but its his daddy's money he's spending, so oh well.

In other news, RPM is searching for a sponsor to get Bubba in a cup ride for next year. The rumors of Almirola taking Smithfield to the 10 seem to have calmed down recently.

Bubba thoroughly outran Almirola in his time.

The restrictor plates and air ducts really changed the Xfinity racing for the better today. I'd not be surprised to see it next year in the cup series at Indy.

Hopefully Kenseth just goes away. I respect him dumping Logano but he is otherwise the most boring racer fella ever

Happy for Kahne. This was Busch's race to lose though.

Yeah I figure both Kahne and Kes were at best 10th place cars today.

Kes messed up taking the outside on that last restart with Newman behind him on old tires.

I don't know if this saves Kahne's job though. Not really a dominating win or indicative of running up front. Kindof a fluke thing like Dillon's win at Charlotte.

The silly season continues in full swing.

Blaney to a 3rd Penske car full time in 2018.

Menard leaving Childress to go to the Wood Brothers.

I assume this means Ty is moving over to Childress, or they drop down to 2 teams.

Last edited:
Ryan Preece is running Bowman Gray stadium this week, and probably next for the 150. He is probably bringing some of his Yankee buddies for a Northern invasion. They are looking for some late summer fun.

Ryan Preece is running Bowman Gray stadium this week, and probably next for the 150. He is probably bringing some of his Yankee buddies for a Northern invasion. They are looking for some late summer fun.

Saw that on social media. Those twin 50's should be good this weekend. It's always good when the yanks come down in the mods. Those dudes can wheel the hell out of those cars.

I loved Harvick's comments on Dale Jr. I must say there is some truth to them.

August 13th has not been a good day in NASCAR history.

Clifford Allison was killed at the age of 27 in a practice run at Michigan 25 years ago today.

Tim Richmond died at the age of 34 in Florida 28 years ago today.

Back