• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

Keep in mind spending per student doesn't go directly to educating the student. DeVos wants to push more funding away from public schools to where it can be spent for who knows what with much less accountability.

Unless something major changes it's going to be 50-50.

this is one confirmation I am not that sure of. I don't know what the right move is to make US education better. I do know that to spend that much per student which i believe leads the world and to rank that low comparably to the world is crazy.
Is it crazy to assume staying the course is not realistic?
It just seems to me and I don't pretend to be the expert but it seems the left is owned by the unions and the push back may not be as pure as it is being portrayed.

Check which states have unions. Then compare that list to the rankings by state. Report back.

Moran is apparently still undecided. I just called. Keep calling!

Left voicemails for Tillis and Burr yesterday. I expect nothing from Burr. That guy is a whore of the highest order. It's a shame he went to Wake.

Left voicemails for Tillis and Burr yesterday. I expect nothing from Burr. That guy is a whore of the highest order. It's a shame he went to Wake.

Probably one of the only Wake grads bkf holds in high esteem these days

Moving ahead to a straight forward vote. Probably Monday or Tuesday. Probably going to end up 50-50 with Pence pushing her through. Sigh.

inexcusable......this is all the evidence you need to say that the GOP has no interest in truly making America Great

My pessimism for this whole process is really due to the fact that the conversation is about voting on ideas rather than a person. Much of the rhetoric is in support of the things DeVos seems to believe about education. I don't really support many of those ideas, but surely there are people more qualified to implement them. There is a stark distinction between ideas and the person pushing them. DeVos is as fundamentally unqualified for this position as anyone I have ever seen. I've believed for a long time that we, as a country, have a tendency to equate monetary wealth with other characteristics. In this case, DeVos is rich, therefore she must be very smart which means she should be able to "fix" education. We saw the same thing play out with some folks in the evangelical movement in November. Trump is rich, and thus must be a moral person.

Did anybody honestly think Tillis was going to bail? Really?

NC is firmly in the grasp of the Tea Party

16473557_1234398353322764_3803250205792770808_n.jpg

A Lannister always pays her debts.

Back