• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

I think that's the first time a VP has broken a tie on a Cabinet position.

look at the liberals go. Who else are they going stop? lol great work Dems. Now go home and get some sleep.

I think that I might have to study to be a science teacher now. Anything to combat the tragedy that our education system is about to become.

you have to admit though the liberals are racking up the losses at an alarming rate. I mean its at a dizzying pace.

you have to admit though the liberals are racking up the losses at an alarming rate. I mean its at a dizzying pace.

I would say that this is a loss for American taxpayers and students, but that's just me.

Deac89, what, in your mind qualifies DeVos for this position, other than that it rankles liberals?

I would say that this is a loss for American taxpayers and students, but that's just me.

It's not like conservatives haven't had power before. People just forget how they ruin things when they do.

One of the Obama knocks was that he didn't fix the Republicans' mess fast enough.

This one will be a loss for pubs and the american people more so than dems. The fact that Pence's personal touch is on it means it will be eyed even more closely, which is not a good thing for anyone involved. Republicans have really lost their spine. This should have been an easy nix, but they're voting out of fear instead of with their heads.

Last edited:
This one will be a loss for pubs and the american people more so than dems. The fact that Pence's personal touch is on it means it will be eyed even more closely, which is not a good thing for anyone involved. Republicans have really lost their spine. This should have been an easy nix, but they're voting out of fear instead of with their heads.

Demon I am honestly doing my usual thing and busting balls. But seriously was the US really on the right track ?

Maths and Science Ranking

A 2015 study by the OECD ranked the Educational Systems by the results of kids aged 15 at Maths and Science. The ranking is very similar to the general ranking, with top tier Asian countries leading the list:

Countries ranked on maths and science results for 15 year olds:
1. Singapore 21. Czech Republic 41. Turkey 61. Jordan
2. Hong Kong 22. Denmark 42. Serbia 62. Argentina
3. South Korea 23. France 43. Bulgaria 63. Albania
4. Japan 24. Latvia 44. Romania 64. Tunisia
5. Taiwan 25. Norway 45. UAE 65. Macedonia
6. Finland 26. Luxembourg 46. Cyprus 66. Saudi Arabia
7. Estonia 27. Spain 47. Thailand 67. Colombia
8. Switzerland 28. Italy 48. Chile 68. Qatar
9. Netherlands 29. United States 49. Kazakhstan 69. Indonesia
10. Canada 30. Portugal 50. Armenia 70. Botswana
11. Poland 31. Lithuania 51. Iran 71. Peru
12. Vietnam 32. Hungary 52. Malaysia 72. Oman
13. Germany 33. Iceland 53. Costa Rica 73. Morocco
14. Australia 34. Russia 54. Mexico 74. Honduras
15. Ireland 35. Sweden 55. Uruguay 75. South Africa
16. Belgium 36. Croatia 56. Montenegro 76. Ghana
17. New Zealand 37. Slovak Republic 57. Bahrain
18. Slovenia 38. Ukraine 58. Lebanon
19. Austria 39. Israel 59. Georgia
20. United Kingdom 40. Greece 60. Brazil

It's not like conservatives haven't had power before. People just forget how they ruin things when they do.

One of the Obama knocks was that he didn't fix the Republicans' mess fast enough.

Our education system is largely a product of George W. Bush's education policy (and Obama's continued implementation of it). That's what blows my mind. The educational clusterfuck that conservatives attribute to Obama is a distinctly Republican educational clusterfuck and DeVos is only going to make the problem worse if you believe that she will act on her "educational" philosophy.

Demon I am honestly doing my usual thing and busting balls. But seriously was the US really on the right track ?

A 2015 study by the OECD ranked the Educational Systems by the results of kids aged 15 at Maths and Science. The ranking is very similar to the general ranking, with top tier Asian countries leading the list:

Do you think think a person who failed an entire state should be put in charge of a nation? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ecretary-of-education/?utm_term=.61aa87635a64

As usual you kn ow nothing about the subject matter that you post about.

Deac89, what, in your mind qualifies DeVos for this position, other than that it rankles liberals?

are you serious? What does ranking 29 th in the world while spending the most money per student give liberals the qualification to say the us is now fucked in education.

what a joke. To quote DJT . what the hell do you have to lose?

I wasn't trying to imply that we were on the right track by any means. In fact, I actually deleted/edited a portion of my post conceding that just to be more brief. I was going to say that we have had a really rough couple of decades and need strong leadership to pull us out of the rut. I get that people want to "mix things up," but I can't really see one redeeming factor that qualifies DeVos to be in this position.

My problem with most of Trump's selections are not that they have differing opinions from mine. With DeVos, I personally don't think voucher systems are the answer to our education issues, but at this point I'd be willing to try a lot of things if they were being run by someone half-competent.

I'm a firm believer that both conservative and liberal ideals can flourish if guided by proper leadership, but some of these selections such as Ben Carson and Betsy DeVos are just pure headscratchers for me.

Last edited:
are you serious? What does ranking 29 th in the world while spending the most money per student give liberals the qualification to say the us is now fucked in education.

what a joke. To quote DJT . what the hell do you have to lose?

well, i might be forgetting my counting, but I think there are many, many numbers after 29

Y'all put 89 on ignore and don't bother with it anymore. He's not smart.

you are such a little bitch. funny part is nobody has responded to any of your posts till just now. maybe you are on ignore.

Back