• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

You're right the US should be happy with the slide from 15th to 29th in last 7 years and should not risk changing things and potentially speeding up this decline. lol gtfoh

Which coincided with the GOP taking over control of education in the states.

how was this piece of shit confirmed? what is wrong with this administration? why are they confirming idiots in these positions...Trump is the WORST CEO (as seen by his failing businesses), he is setting his 'employees' up to fail because they know nothing about how to do their new jobs!!!! experience is a good fucking thing.

holy shit, he is much worse than i would have guessed so far.

Which coincided with the GOP taking over control of education in the states.

you couldn't draw a straight line back to the Dems if your life depended on it. it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

last i checked, Trump's cabinet has given the GOP more than a billion dollars.

you couldn't draw a straight line back to the Dems if your life depended on it. it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Because you have NO clue how education works in the US. Curriculum, books, etc. are set LOCALLY and occasionally by STATES not by the federal government. If you think otherwise, you are simply wrong.

Hell, Texas's backasswards educational system and their moronic textbook choices impact states across the nation. Of course, you don't understand this. http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012/06/21/how-texas-inflicts-bad-textbooks-on-us/
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/5-reasons-the-new-texas-social-studies-textbooks-are-nuts-7573825
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/17/texas-textbook-inaccuracies/19175311/

But all of this is BS, because your masters have told you so.

Deac89, what, in your mind qualifies DeVos for this position, other than that it rankles liberals?

are you serious? What does ranking 29 th in the world while spending the most money per student give liberals the qualification to say the us is now fucked in education.

what a joke. To quote DJT . what the hell do you have to lose?

You didn't answer the question.

You didn't answer the question.

I tend to believe that school choice is highly supported in the black community.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaredme...students-teachers-unions-choice/#3ea1089c7962 edited to include the link

I think while it may be ideal to think all schools are the same it allows all kids regardless of their socioeconomic status to have access to better schools while forcing teachers and schools to up their game.

Why couldn't this work or have an impact on the quality of education kids are receiving?

Reason for their opposition, of course, is that charter school teachers are not unionized. reality is that charter schools are much more accountable to students and ther parents than are traditional public schools. If parents do not like their children’s charter schools they can send their kids elsewhere. This threat of exit gives charter schools an incentive to raise the quality of the education they offer in order to retain students.

again I do not have the answers 29th in the world and inner city kids not getting the same access to education as blue collar and white collar families is unfair.

Last edited:
I tend to believe that school choice is highly supported in the black community.

I think while it may be ideal to think all schools are the same it allows all kids regardless of their socioeconomic status to have access to better schools while forcing teachers and schools to up their game.

Why couldn't this work or have an impact on the quality of education kids are receiving?

Reason for their opposition, of course, is that charter school teachers are not unionized. reality is that charter schools are much more accountable to students and ther parents than are traditional public schools. If parents do not like their children’s charter schools they can send their kids elsewhere. This threat of exit gives charter schools an incentive to raise the quality of the education they offer in order to retain students.

again I do not have the answers 29th in the world and inner city kids not getting the same access to education as blue collar and white collar families is unfair.

Certainly could argue with any of these ideas or positions, but the real point is that none of DeVos' ideas are really her own (she's just adopted these policy ideas and become their rabid promoter), and more importantly, she has no back ground or qualifications to suggest that she will be successful at implementing them.

Deac89, what, in your mind qualifies DeVos for this position, other than that it rankles liberals?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaredme...students-teachers-unions-choice/#3ea1089c7962 edited to include the link

This still doesn't answer a very simple question from Barca. But I'm not holding my breath.

Parents don't want to have to shuffle their kids around to different schools year to year or even week to week just to get a good education.

Quality education should be about stability and consistency. Schools should work together toward a good education for all students instead of artificially creating winners and losers.

Certainly could argue with any of these ideas or positions, but the real point is that none of DeVos' ideas are really her own (she's just adopted these policy ideas and become their rabid promoter), and more importantly, she has no back ground or qualifications to suggest that she will be successful at implementing them.

what background does she need to promote these positions and be accepted by everyone ? does she have to be the creator of this position to promote and implement it ?

Here is an interesting article about the pick.

http://blackcommunitynews.com/education-pick-betsy-devos-supports-what-teachers-unions-hate/

Parents don't want to have to shuffle their kids around to different schools year to year or even week to week just to get a good education.

Quality education should be about stability and consistency. Schools should work together toward a good education for all students instead of artificially creating winners and losers.

But if we privatize it, we can get lots of money.

And by we, I don't really mean us.

Last edited:

understood Ph but if the threat of losing those students could encourage and create better teachers or more competition for the children then everyone wins. I mean parents don't want to drop their kids off at a second rate school either.

Back