• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

He's friends with Virginia Foxx who was another finalist with very similar ideas (but much shallower pockets). Foxx had chaired higher education subcommittee before too so probs too much experience.

Shockingly, Foxx would have been far more qualified.

I still proudly wear my "Harrell for Congress" shirt every once in a while.

b44126ee89763b800c80e5c23c8a27c5.png

There are now 2,800 reactions with 2,100 angry and 400 likes. This post also has 2,600 comments.

All in 3 hours.

Imagine being a career employee in that Department and realizing that your new boss doesn't know the first fucking thing about education law, policy, or theory, and that she's basically just a rich lady who wants to replace regular public schools with charter Jesus schools. That would suck.

Government agencies are going to continue to exist and work despite those in charge instead of being helped and guided by.

Imagine being a career employee in that Department and realizing that your new boss doesn't know the first fucking thing about education law, policy, or theory, and that she's basically just a rich lady who wants to replace regular public schools with charter Jesus schools. That would suck.

Cathie Black lasted 3 months. I doubt DeVos makes it that long.

Looking at Burr's Twitter, I just learned of The Thing's existence.

My brother had a yellow Thing back in the day.

Just called Burr's office and was able to speak to an actual person. Now might be a good time for call for anybody else who is interested in passing along their feelings.

She may end up doing well, but she quite clearly was not ready when the lights came on. That was embarrassing.

i sort of agree with Conway that these dog & pony hearings are more about letting senators bloviate than honest inquiry because how many of these candidates are not going to be confirmed?

*eta because WTF, autocorrect

Last edited:
i sort of agree with Conway that these dog & pony hearings are more about letting senators obviate than honest inquiry because how many of these candidates are not going to be confirmed?

Well if they only get one round of questions, they have to make it count.

Back