• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

I went to private school my whole life before college but I had no idea what I wanted to do job wise and felt it'd be a waste if I went to a 60k school and became a copy editor or teacher for 30k a year. Luckily ended up getting a very good job after a year of teaching AND don't have debt. Win!

But imagine how smart you would have been after 4 years at Wake. You could probably keep up with the Townies of the world.

Nobody knew what was in the ACA? What a god damn, bald

Bull shit. Nobody knew what was in the total entire bill and all the extra taxes it included. And you sir are a bald face liar. Taxpayer funded abortion coverage. Breakdown of private healthcare insurance [which we have certainly seen!] Medical device tax hike, BC/BS tax hike, tax on indoor tanning facilities, tax on name brand drugs, Medicare tax of 3.8% on income over $200,000, Medicare Part A tax, higher taxes on high income earners & large businesses, 15% tax penalty on those without health insurance, 3.8% unearned income tax on interest, dividends, etc, AND the biggie a 3.8% tax for individuals on a sale of a home of $250,000 or $500,000 for married couples as a capital gains tax! So bite me Jamison & RJ...you all have been drinking the liberal kool aid and have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. This is exactly why Nancy Pelosi, RJ's girlfriend talked you all into not reading all this CRAP and exactly why the 'Pubs are repealing it first thing!

Reff has been in the Top 3 craziest posters from the day he arrived. This included a parent of a Deac who thinks only birds of a feather should marry and the crazy bobs.

With you as the #1 and from the craziest state of all, the leftist of the left, with Nancy 'botox' Pelosi as one of your Congresswomen "it's almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem" "Obama has never done anything for political reasons".....and the best of the best...."ObamaCare will lower everyone's rates!"

So if you still believe your infamous Congresswomen, good for you. You have a great 4 years ahead of you! hahahahahahahahahaha

Bull shit. Nobody knew what was in the total entire bill and all the extra taxes it included. And you sir are a bald face liar. Taxpayer funded abortion coverage. Breakdown of private healthcare insurance [which we have certainly seen!] Medical device tax hike, BC/BS tax hike, tax on indoor tanning facilities, tax on name brand drugs, Medicare tax of 3.8% on income over $200,000, Medicare Part A tax, higher taxes on high income earners & large businesses, 15% tax penalty on those without health insurance, 3.8% unearned income tax on interest, dividends, etc, AND the biggie a 3.8% tax for individuals on a sale of a home of $250,000 or $500,000 for married couples as a capital gains tax! So bite me Jamison & RJ...you all have been drinking the liberal kool aid and have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. This is exactly why Nancy Pelosi, RJ's girlfriend talked you all into not reading all this CRAP and exactly why the 'Pubs are repealing it first thing!

This is a great post. Although I know nothing about Obamacare and why people hate it, this is the first coherent thing I've read or heard on the subject other than "costs went up" or people just not liking a black president.

With you as the #1 and from the craziest state of all, the leftist of the left, with Nancy 'botox' Pelosi as one of your Congresswomen "it's almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem" "Obama has never done anything for political reasons".....and the best of the best...."ObamaCare will lower everyone's rates!"

So if you still believe your infamous Congresswomen, good for you. You have a great 4 years ahead of you! hahahahahahahahahaha

My Congressman is to the right of Mussolini. like 98% of what you post you haven't a clue or any facts.

As to the "craziest state", how come our state out produces our population by about 30% in relation to GDP and your allegedly "sane state" underproduces you population by over 20%? It seems like there are a lot of lazy, unproductive people in NC.

Nobody knew about the abortion coverage which was amended to allow states to reject abortion coverage as part of a compromise towards more votes? Nobody knew about the taxes and fees which were debated ad nauseum?

It is fascinating how Republicans fought the bill tooth and nail yet convinced their followers that they didn't know what was in the bill.

What is clear is theReff didn't know what was in it. Raise your hand if you are surprised.

i didn't think that Trump could have done any worse at his appointments until this stupid bitch. this is an outrage and...there are just no words at how bad Devos will be at this job.

Last edited:
i didn't think that Trump could have done any worse at his appointments until this stupid bitch. this is an outrage and...there are just no words at how bad Bevos will be at this job.

Bevo...isn't that the Texas steer mascot? Still more qualified than DeVos

The "biggie" is if you make $250k or $500k on the sale of the house. So if your basis was $250 and you sold for $501, you'd pay 3.5% on the 1. That's a fraction of home sales and I wish I had to pay that tax!

You're already paying capital gains on a gain that size, so an extra 3.8% hardly qualifies as a "biggie". And if you're making a gain that large on selling your home then fuck you anyway.

I think the reaction to this pick might actually have an impact. I doubt it, but if anything changes, it's this right now.

Agreed. And of course, it would be meaningless because a more qualified person would push the same crap and unless the Republicans push harder, the federal government doesn't have much say on school policy.

Agreed. And of course, it would be meaningless because a more qualified person would push the same crap and unless the Republicans push harder, the federal government doesn't have much say on school policy.

Don't like the precedent of buying influence which is exactly what this is. Not that it's not happening in other positions (hello big oil overlords!), but when people push back, that's a great thing.

Fact of the matter is, education was an issue that was not mentioned once on the trail. I'll take the discussions and fights where we can get em.

Back