• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

WFFaithful

Reaction score
Trump nominee for Secretary of Education

-Has donated to 5 senators on the committee she is appearing before, her family over $200 million to Republican candidates
-Refuses to promise to not privatize or strip funding from public schools
-Can't explain the difference between proficiency and growth
-Has no idea what indicators are used to determine school success
-Sees nothing wrong with Trump University
-Charter schools shouldn't have to meet IDEA
-Charter schools shouldn't have to meet the same accountability standards as public schools

Then there's this. Straight from the NCGOP playbook:

Virtually every Democratic member of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee repeatedly asked the chairman, Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, for more time to question the cabinet nominee. But each time Alexander refused, citing a "precedent" of five-minute rounds of questioning for education secretary nominees.

DeVos is Cathie Black all over again. What a mess and it's innocent students and hardworking teachers that will suffer.

She didn't even appear to know what IDEA was at her confirmation hearing. I know what IDEA is and I've only had half of a legal education--she's the person who's supposed to be running the agency that deals with it.

It's a joke, but I'm sure Republicans don't care.

Even George W's SOE says that DeVos is an enemy of public education.

Seems like a good opportunity for Senate Republicans to show that they aren't just going to roll over and rubber stamp every one of Trump's decisions.

Seems like a good opportunity for Senate Republicans to show that they aren't just going to roll over and rubber stamp every one of Trump's decisions.

Lol, or, like they actually did, double down by only allowing half of the usual questioning that they've allowed for Secretary of Education candidates in the past.

This is already making the rounds with my high school friends who post anything and everything about children on Facebook. They are a mixed bag politically but definitely a far cry from your typical wake student or "coastal elite".

This is the type of shit (plus trump's incessant tweets) that will doom him and the GOP.

You can fool all people some of the time...

This is already making the rounds with my high school friends who post anything and everything about children on Facebook. They are a mixed bag politically but definitely a far cry from your typical wake student or "coastal elite".

This is the type of shit (plus trump's incessant tweets) that will doom him and the GOP.

You can fool all people some of the time...

...but YOU LOST, GET OVER IT !

So .... potential grizzlies. This pick is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought Trump was supposed to hire the best people? Insetead we get DeVos with no or little background in education ruining the Dept of Education and a surgeon with little or no housing experience running HUD. Makes sense.

I thought Trump was supposed to hire the best people? Insetead we get DeVos with no or little background in education ruining the Dept of Education and a surgeon with little or no housing experience running HUD. Makes sense.

Or Ben Cardson at HUD

Or tillerson at State

Or the guy who is suing EPA to run EPA.

Or a conspiracy theory nut as National Security Advisor

Back