• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

Swamp/Greed Division
I like Betsy Devos as the top seed here, although she would be a low seed in the Unqualified and Cruel division as well. Scott Pruitt is here, as is Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler. Mnunchin could go here as well, though he could also go in the Anti-democracy division.
Unqualified division
Donald could be the top seed here, but he might have an unfair advantage because he's responsible for so many in this field. In his absence, and if we keep Devos in the Swamp division, Kushner could be a top seed. Ivanka would be a higher seed, could also go in the swamp division.
Cruel Division
This is Stephen Miller's divison. Judges go either here or the anti-democracy division-the ones who are trying to strike down Obamacare during a pandemic belong here. Lewandowski(womp womp) is also here.
Anti-Democracy division
This is the most hotly contested #1-seed, between Barr and McConnell. I give Barr the slight edge, but I've changed my mind a bunch of times on this. Lindsey Graham is here, as are certain judges (particularly ones whose signature rulings are damaging to voting rights, or encourage gerrymandering).Devin Nunes could go here, although he's also dumb enough to fit in the Unqualified division. Higher seeds here also include "good" advisors who didn't speak up when they could have made a difference, although enough book sales could move them to the Greed division.

That’s a good breakdown.

I feel like there may be some recency bias in placing the insider traders above Ryan Zinke.

Remember that guy? Wild.

avalon, do you want to get started on the NIT brackets?

From brackets to Bond:

I read a good article a few months ago about how the Trump administration is fashioned after classic villainy. The argument was that if you watch a film, the villain is winning and living the good life until the last few minutes when the villain is finally caught. Most of the time, we don’t even see the villain brought to justice and punished.

So one lesson to learn from that is to not get caught. If you get caught, use the power and resources accumulated through villainy to avoid being brought to justice. That’s what Trump and his cronies are doing.

Hope Hicks and Kayleigh McEnany are definitely 1's.

Am I doing it right ?

What are schools going to do when teachers inevitably contract coronavirus and are hospitalized? Do you shut down the school for a few weeks? Is the school system - who forced teachers to return or lose their jobs - going to pay for medical bills?

If nurses have to keep working, I don’t see why teachers shouldn’t have to.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were in to Sarah Sanders.

If nurses have to keep working, I don’t see why teachers shouldn’t have to.

This may have been said ironically, but this is where I am as a teacher. Remote learning in our district was an unmitigated disaster, and the effects of the learning gap if schools aren’t reopened are going to be more disastrous in the future than the health consequences of reopening schools. Kids need to be physically in the classroom.

This may have been said ironically, but this is where I am as a teacher. Remote learning in our district was an unmitigated disaster, and the effects of the learning gap if schools aren’t reopened are going to be more disastrous in the future than the health consequences of reopening schools. Kids need to be physically in the classroom.

While I agree that 100% online is a complete disaster, so will re-opening at anywhere near normal capacity. A/B Day with two days/week at school is probably the best we can hope for.

As to who pays for the health care of teachers who contract COVID, the WSFCS dodged this question aggressively at their meeting last week. If I test positive for COVID, but am told I have to use my own leave (which is compensation) while I'm out of work even if I don't feel sick, my first action will be to obtain legal consul.

That doesn't even factor in the fact that I have a wife who is due in mid-to-late August. If we go back to a normal schedule we decided I'm going invoke the FMLA leave I already applied for and take the first couple months off. And replacing me with a long-term sub would be a nightmare. Why would long-term subs sign up for that?

If we go back to a full schedule I could see 20-25% of teachers sitting this year out for health reasons and they will be incredibly hard to replace.

Completely agree about a looming teacher shortage. And that would be karma for a century of underpaying teachers based on the assumption they are women who are not primary earners.

If only 25% of women teachers who earn less than their husbands choose to do elearning with their school age kids, that would disrupt things considerably with only a few weeks to go.

And one thing we have been thinking about is hiring that teacher to lead elearning for my kids and their friends while they do elearning for their kid.

The consensus between my wife and I, which is seemingly the general consensus of our respective departments, is that the situation requires us to make sacrifices and take risks for the overall welfare of our students and society as a whole. We’ve made our peace with it, and currently are spending as much time as possible with our parents as we know that we won’t be able to again for the foreseeable future.

I used I incorrectly in the above post and I’m a fucking English teacher. It’s obviously time to reopen schools.

While I agree that 100% online is a complete disaster, so will re-opening at anywhere near normal capacity. A/B Day with two days/week at school is probably the best we can hope for.

As to who pays for the health care of teachers who contract COVID, the WSFCS dodged this question aggressively at their meeting last week. If I test positive for COVID, but am told I have to use my own leave (which is compensation) while I'm out of work even if I don't feel sick, my first action will be to obtain legal consul.

2 week quarantine will wipe out sick leave for many teachers. Will the teachers still have to pay for the sub?

2 week quarantine will wipe out sick leave for many teachers. Will the teachers still have to pay for the sub?

What sub? Who is going to sub for a teacher who just tested positive for COVID?

Back