• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Betsy DeVos

I don’t think that’s a safe assumption. Republicans don’t believe in publicly funding much besides “defense” and the wealthy.

and, apparently, witch hunts to find people who conducted witch hunts

So DeVos went in front of Congress to defend Trump's stupid, heartless austerity, and he immediately threw her under the bus because he didn't like the PR ramifications. Seems about right.

I’m beginning to think Donald doesn’t hire the best people.

Remember her brother is Erik Prince of Blackwater. Nice family! Figures both are blooded in Trumpees.

So DeVos went in front of Congress to defend Trump's stupid, heartless austerity, and he immediately threw her under the bus because he didn't like the PR ramifications. Seems about right.

It's a pretty bad combination that really really really bad PR can get him to change course on actions, therefore the MSM just gives him really really really bad PR 24/7, and then really really really bad PR also works to drive him insane.

“I am pleased and grateful the president and I see eye-to-eye on this issue, and that he has decided to fund our Special Olympics grant,” DeVos said. “This is funding I have fought for behind-the-scenes over the last several years.”

lol at DeVos trying to pull herself out from the bus Trump threw her under.

Link

56157347_2297060243906197_774114859502534656_n.jpg

In the meantime the NCGA has shoved smaller class sizes down the school systems' throats.

Yet somehow my average class size went from 26-27 to 34-35 this school year....

Thank god they are reasonably well behaved and chill

Last edited:
As to her quote, what a freaking idiot. There is ZERO evidence that larger class sizes are more beneficial. Higher testing children can do okay in them, lower children drown.

Last edited:
Yet somehow my average class size went from 26-27 to 34-35 this school year....

Thank god there reasonably well behaved and chill

Yeah, for lower grades they lowered the class size maximum withiout considering how facilities would be affected.

As to her quote, what a freaking idiot. There is ZERO evidence that larger class sizes are more beneficial. Higher testing children can do okay in them, lower children drown.

Yep. That's one reason why so many private schools nearly always advertise and brag about their small class sizes, and lower teacher-to-student ratio. It's one of their advantages over larger public schools with fewer resources. But DeVos seems to have missed the memo on that one, as she has in so many areas of education.

Why solve problems when it’s so much easier to simply say you are solving problems?

Back