• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who has a Wife or Daughter going to the Woman's March on Washington?

I did, and they pretty much said they want to stand up against a sexist pig. I can somewhat see where they are coming from, but to march on the day when he is being inaugurated seems a little late in the game, and especially when it is getting zero coverage compared to “the pig” being shown the White House.

We are going to seek out community, camaraderie and and comfort from other like minded people. I don't expect the protests to accomplish very much other than to serve as personal solace. I live in Alabama where Trump is very popular, and I expect that it will be comforting to convene with thousands of other people who have a similar viewpoint.

Stuck at work with limited access to coverage, but I know lots of people who traveled to this March, and my questions are:
1)What is the exact message they are trying to send?
2)Where are they marching and who are they expecting to be there other than others thinking the same way?
3)How do you start and finish this march? “ At 9am we all meet and hold up some posters, at 1pm we break for lunch, at 5pm we dismiss and treat the rest of the weekend like a tourist vacation to D.C.

You can Google all of this.

I'll be marching in Raleigh with my wife, mother in law, and wife's friends. YGGs

We are going to seek out community, camaraderie and and comfort from other like minded people. I don't expect the protests to accomplish very much other than to serve as personal solace. I live in Alabama where Trump is very popular, and I expect that it will be comforting to convene with thousands of other people who have a similar viewpoint.

Stay safe.

Then help a brother out.

People believe that Donald was elected because a lot of people voted against their own interests, didn't know what they were voting about, or because they were affirming their commitment to a specific set of core values. These people want to march the day after the inauguration to show that there is support out there for the millions of Americans who now have no majority in Congress, nor do they hold the presidency, and want to show representatives how many people still want their voices heard. To have it in Washington the day after Donald's inauguration provides a juxtaposition with the previous day's events and is also in line with previous types of marches in opposition, namely the million man march.

Beyond that, I'm not really sure if there's an explanation that would satisfy your curiosity or placate, what I believe to be, your view on the general idea of the march and marchers - but that's the best explanation I've got.

I'm personally marching because I believe that it shows solidarity of support for womens' rights and feminism, even in the face of a president's election who was downright frequently sexist and misogynistic for the bulk of his public life as well as throughout the course of his campaign.

Trump said our voices wouldn't be silenced. if you're marching, are you eligible to have your voice heard by him?

Trump said our voices wouldn't be silenced. if you're marching, are you eligible to have your voice heard by him?

As long as you tweet at him while you're marching.

People believe that Donald was elected because a lot of people voted against their own interests, didn't know what they were voting about, or because they were affirming their commitment to a specific set of core values. These people want to march the day after the inauguration to show that there is support out there for the millions of Americans who now have no majority in Congress, nor do they hold the presidency, and want to show representatives how many people still want their voices heard. To have it in Washington the day after Donald's inauguration provides a juxtaposition with the previous day's events and is also in line with previous types of marches in opposition, namely the million man march.

Beyond that, I'm not really sure if there's an explanation that would satisfy your curiosity or placate, what I believe to be, your view on the general idea of the march and marchers - but that's the best explanation I've got.

Thanks! Great answer.

Stuck at work with limited access to coverage, but I know lots of people who traveled to this March, and my questions are:
1)What is the exact message they are trying to send?
2)Where are they marching and who are they expecting to be there other than others thinking the same way?
3)How do you start and finish this march? “ At 9am we all meet and hold up some posters, at 1pm we break for lunch, at 5pm we dismiss and treat the rest of the weekend like a tourist vacation to D.C.

got back in town last night and spoke with my wife about this because i was a bit confused by the march. was it a march against trump's inauguration, was it a march to send a message of some sort outside of hiom, etc? in discussing with her, it seems there is a bit of confusion even among the marchers (shocking given the big tent liberal approach). to distill her message simply she is marching because she feels that the election of someone who so clearly holds women in such little value was shocking to her, and she wants to join other women to make their voices heard. women are not just sandwich and baby makers in 2017. idiots like creamy and cowards like the taggers clearly have an issue with that assertion.

i'll be joining her in that assertion.

got back in town last night and spoke with my wife about this because i was a bit confused by the march. was it a march against trump's inauguration, was it a march to send a message of some sort outside of hiom, etc? in discussing with her, it seems there is a bit of confusion even among the marchers (shocking given the big tent liberal approach). to distill her message simply she is marching because she feels that the election of someone who so clearly holds women in such little value was shocking to her, and she wants to join other women to make their voices heard. women are just not sandwich and baby makers in 2017. idiots like creamy and cowards like the taggers clearly have an issue with that assertion.

Do you really think I was serious in making that post? I didn't even intend for it to be funny.

I would say that same thing to my girlfriend and she would immediately understand I was dicking around. Some of you can be pretty damn sensitive.

Do you really think I was serious in making that post? I didn't even intend for it to be funny.

I would say that same thing to my girlfriend and she would immediately understand I was dicking around. Some of you can be pretty damn sensitive.

i'm sure your black friends crack up at your slavery jokes. go pick me some cotton, boy!

i'm sure your black friends crack up at your slavery jokes. go pick me some cotton, boy!

I literally have never, in my entire life, joked about slavery. I doubt I'd have any black friends if I did such things.

I hope you can get the taste of sour grapes out of your mouth soon.

and i guess that's why this march is necessary but will ultimately fall on deaf ears. it's uncouth to make slavery jokes, but jokes asserting a woman's place is as domestic/sexual servant and baby maker are ok.

and i guess that's why this march is necessary but will ultimately fall on deaf ears. it's uncouth to make slavery jokes, but jokes asserting a woman's place is as domestic/sexual servant and baby maker are ok.

yep.

Back