• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who has a Wife or Daughter going to the Woman's March on Washington?

Okay, that's a different discussion, but still directly contradicts your comment that marches are a "classic "feel good, does nothing" gesture."

Not really. Getting some bureaucrat fired so that he gets replaced by another, while the problem continues to get worse and worse seems pretty "feel good, do nothing" to me.

Not really. Getting some bureaucrat fired so that he gets replaced by another, while the problem continues to get worse and worse seems pretty "feel good, do nothing" to me.

So if I understand it correctly, your contention is that replacing the Chief of Police with a (for the sake of argument) better one is NOT a start towards solving the problem?

And nice to know that issues with violence in Chicago can be solved overnight.

I feel compelled to say I don't exactly align with jhmd on this... "feels good, does nothing" is not my sentiment; it's more complicated than that. There's just enough things on the 'con' side of the pro/con list that I am debating whether or not to participate (as I tried to explain before).

ETA: Trying to articulate a nuanced personal inner dialogue/debate on a message board is difficult to do without sounding like you're on one side or the other - especially depending on who quotes you first and what they do with it.

Last edited:
My point is this particular march just proves how poorly her handlers bungled the Hillary campaign. We had an election and the other guy got 300+EVs.

I feel compelled to say I don't exactly align with jhmd on this... "feels good, does nothing" is not my sentiment; it's more complicated than that. There's just enough things on the 'con' side of the pro/con list that I am debating whether or not to participate (as I tried to explain before).

ETA: Trying to articulate a nuanced personal inner dialogue/debate on a message board is difficult to do without sounding like you're on one side or the other - especially depending on who quotes you first and what they do with it.

Your compulsion is noted and understood. I get what you're saying, and I am saying something different. A ton of people are going to get a ton of publicity...and then Trump is going to be the President. Where was all of this enthusiasm in November?

So if I understand it correctly, your contention is that replacing the Chief of Police with a (for the sake of argument) better one is NOT a start towards solving the problem?

And nice to know that issues with violence in Chicago can be solved overnight.

"solved" would be nice but is not a reasonable expectation. I'd like to begin by not exacerbated, which is regrettably what happened.

Your compulsion is noted and understood. I get what you're saying, and I am saying something different. A ton of people are going to get a ton of publicity...and then Trump is going to be the President. Where was all of this enthusiasm in November?

Some of it was there. Some of it is now being driven by fear. Fear is an excellent motivator.

inside the blue balls of bernie supporters

I think you could make the same argument about the #SilentMajority that came out of the woodwork after the election.

Mission statement for the Boston march:

"On January 21, 2017, we will unite in downtown Boston to march in solidarity with communities most affected by the hate, intolerance and acts of violence being perpetrated throughout the nation—among many are communities of women, immigrants, people of color and people who identify as LGBTQIA. Together, we will send a message to our leaders and the world that the United States of America stands for values of human dignity, equal rights and freedom from discrimination. Ours is a peaceful, nonpartisan march."

"solved" would be nice but is not a reasonable expectation. I'd like to begin by not exacerbated, which is regrettably what happened.

Just so I am clear, you think that any policy or personnel changes that took place in 2016 exacerbated the problems with violence in Chicago?

I look forward to your posts excoriating the republican congress when the debt continues to be an issue on January 22, 2017. Or with the NC Legislature does not put in community basketball programs that solve the problems of high-crime areas in Winston on day 1 of the long session.

Intersex and Asexual (I did not know that, I had to look it up too).

This leads to the question "what is intersex?" Even after reading the first couple of Google responses I'm not any closer to understanding it.

Back