• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who has a Wife or Daughter going to the Woman's March on Washington?

Tough to encourage people to come to your march without specifying the location. Also doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you should have marches where you're wanting a lot of people to show up in a major population area.

at the end of the day though, it will make trump butthurt, which is cool

The percentage of people I know going to this event overlaps quite well with my muted FB list. I get it, have fun, stick it to the man. It's a great country that permits dissent.

My wife told our boys (7 and 4) that she's going to march in DC to tell Trump he shouldn't say mean things about women. They were happy with that.

I think a lot of people are going to have to explain to their kids and grandkids how Trump won the Presidency. Those with some evidence that they were against it from the start or before will have an easier time with that explanation.

I trust that you will deliver a candid and accurate accounting as to the how, as always.

I could be misremembering, but I don't remember any of this shit when Obama got sworn in. Maybe some looney KKK antics that nobody paid any attention to, but no concern anywhere near thi magnitude. It is amazing how potentially violent anti-Trump liberals are as compared with anti-Obama racists.

You are misinterpreting what I'm saying.
The peaceful protesters and organized march events themselves are not the issue.
It's the gangs and other anarchist groups who are taking advantage of the large mobile group of people to glom on and start causing problems and being destructive.

Oh, I will be wildly amused, as usual. The Ongoing dem Refusal to Accept the Results of the Election Multi-Thread continues to deliver.

For the 2397418487329th time, this isn't about "refusing to accept the results". It's showing disapproval at who was elected.

Trump won the election fair and square.

My wife told our boys (7 and 4) that she's going to march in DC to tell Trump he shouldn't say mean things about women. They were happy with that.

I think a lot of people are going to have to explain to their kids and grandkids how Trump won the Presidency. Those with some evidence that they were against it from the start or before will have an easier time with that explanation.

So how many parents here had to explain golden showers to their kids last week?

For the 2397418487329th time, this isn't about "refusing to accept the results". It's showing disapproval at who was elected.

cc: Dianne Feinstein, John Lewis, RJ Karl, et al.

doesn't really jive with the mission statement of the marches taking place the day after inauguration but keep telling yourself this

[This space reserved for the inevitable #notmyPresident signs; brb]

I hear you saying it again. Half the people always disapprove of who is elected president.

This march is 3/4 petulance, 1/4 "look at me", and a dash of refusal to accept.

You gotta grow up someday. Looks like that day will not be today.

Trump is such a meanie.

Trump is your Obamacare. He was rammed through without knowing what he would do, without our approval, and we plan to repeal him, root and branch. If it takes a Trump presidency to awaken apathetic youth and align liberals, maybe it will be worth it. When Ru Paul is inaugerated in 8 years, conservatives can look back at this time and congratulate themselves for electing a globally hated asshole.

I hear you saying it again. Half the people always disapprove of who is elected president.

This march is 3/4 petulance, 1/4 "look at me", and a dash of refusal to accept.

You gotta grow up someday. Looks like that day will not be today.

uh, no.
this isn't a march against trump. this is a march in support of women an women's rights. will there be a LOT of anti-trump sentiment? yes, because he's an asshole and has disrespected women with words and actions for many years... but even still, that's not what it's about.

Trump is your Obamacare. He was rammed through without knowing what he would do, without our approval, and we plan to repeal him, root and branch. If it takes a Trump presidency to awaken apathetic youth and align liberals, maybe it will be worth it. When Ru Paul is inaugerated in 8 years, conservatives can look back at this time and congratulate themselves for electing a globally hated asshole.

Rage against the machine.

Back