• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spicer Presser

Fair enough but the press should exercise some common sense and realize that Trumps small size (u c what I did?) is pretty explainable and obvious and not newsworthy. It is a cheap shot. Anyone with a brain knows exactly why his inauguration was tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the fuck are you talking about?

Because the city it was held in voted against him by 94%?? Also wearing a trump hat was a basically a sign saying "hey thugs please throw rocks at me?"

Awww...poor little snowflakes afraid to show up at the inauguration. Maybe they should have held it in a "safe space"

Suck it up buttercup.

You know I think Trump is most likely going to suck but it's pretty difficult to say this at this point in he game. You have already decided before he starts which is kind of JHMDs point.

1. I mean yeah, duh. That's why I didn't vote for him: because I thought he would suck as President. He hasn't done anything since the election to change my view.

2. He has started now, and he really sucked this weekend.

So what's his point? Because apparently I'm missing it. The whole point of the American system is that you make your decision about who you think would be a good president before they take office.

Fair enough but the press should exercise some common sense and realize that Trumps small size (u c what I did?) is pretty explainable and obvious and not newsworthy. It is a cheap shot. Anyone with a brain knows exactly why his inauguration was tiny.

So his advisors don't have brains? Or they're just straight up lying? Either one is bad.

There were women's marches all over the country, and a large percentage of the participants in the DC march were from out of town. A large percentage of the inauguration attendees were from out of town. So how is "DC people didn't vote for Trump" an excuse for the low turnout?

There were a shit ton of DC residents at the march. Way more so than the inauguration.

I'm baffled anyone would listen to that presser or that speech yesterday and not come away shaking their head. He's the President. Every word he says publicly or that his press secretary says publicly is going to be dissected around the world. That speech at the CIA was just him talking off the top of his head - poorly. And within about 30 seconds he suggested we'd be winning new wars. And then from there he starts rambling about the pillars in the room and how they should build a new room without pillars. And then the PS has a statement about the media and crowd size on Friday. You call everyone together because you feel slighted about reporting on the crowd size? Even if you were right and the press was wrong - which obviously was not the case - why bother? It's a waste of everyone's time.

Finally, I'd like to note, given the tenor of this thread, that I witnessed this afternoon what I view as a clear sign a 7th grade boy (a more unusual animal does not exist on this planet) show more self awareness and can elicit more maturity than Trump. I was at a hockey tourney this weekend with my son. One of the kids a year older than him on the team made a very off colored joke about WWII in a team text on Saturday. I actually spotted this when I asked my son if I could borrow his phone during a game this morning (my phone was out of juice) so I could text updates to his Mom. At one point during the game I opened the wrong text thread and saw the joke the teammate had written to the entire team. So after the game I showed the text to the kid's Dad - who was thankful as we all know 13 year old boys can try on all sorts of dumb shit and that if a single wayward text gets out it can dig him a big hole. We're on our way home and I talk to my son about the text. He got why it was in awful taste, but I also suggested he get that message off his phone less someone else see it on there and think he somehow might condone what was written. He turns on his phone and there's a text from the kid who wrote the bad text apologizing to all his teammates, admitting his mistake and asking for forgiveness.

Not sure I could see Donald Trump doing something as simple as acknowledging when he obviously spoke out of turn and apologizing to anyone he might have hurt - nevermind going the added mile as asking for forgiveness politely.

There were a shit ton of DC residents at the march. Way more so than the inauguration.

Sure. But DC has always been heavily Dem and there wasn't even a post inaugural event like this for any Republican President. Hard to use that as a reason why a hastily planned event would have higher attendance than an every four year ritual.

And again, plenty of people from out of town came in for both.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...tings-down-from-president-obama-a7539991.html

Less than Jimmy Carter. Far less than Reagan. Barely more than Bush 1 or Clinton. Much more than Bush 2. Much less than Obama. Adjusted for population, he had the 2nd lowest TV ratings of any first inauguration in my lifetime.

Network_Viewing.jpg

Shouldn't someone with a PhD be smart enough to know that less people are watching TV these days? (I personally watched it live on YouTube.)

Network_Viewing.jpg

Shouldn't someone with a PhD be smart enough to know that less people are watching TV these days? (I personally watched it live on YouTube.)

What does that graph represent and why does it end 10 years ago?

Didn't read this thread. It's too long.

Anyone with eyes can see that this was the largest crowd ever assembled for any event ever held within the scope of human existence..

Last edited:
Back