• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spicer Presser

trump cares and we're trying to figure out why

Trump's image is paramount to his success. The image of his success is arguably more important than success itself for his business. Unfortunately, he is no longer running a business.

Trump's inauguration had the second highest numbers in 36 years according to Nielsen. Not bad given how many people now rely on their computers and smartphones.

deplorables sit on their fat asses and watch a shitload of tv. this isn't news.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer waged a five-year Twitter feud against Dippin’ Dots

Before White House Press Secretary began fudging facts, he was fighting...Dippin’ Dots.

Starting in 2010, the man who would become the top spokesman for the President of the United States devoted generous scoops of tweets to attacking the beady frozen treat known as the “Ice Cream of the Future.”

Sean Spicer kept his cream conflict going for five years — stretching through his tenure with the Republican National Committee.

On April 7, 2010, Spicer — then working for Endeavor Global Strategies, a PR firm he cofounded — let it be known to his Twitter flock: “Dippin dots is NOT the ice cream of the future.”

#swoon

I remember seeing Dippin Dots for the first time at least 25 years ago. It's clearly the ice cream of the future.

This is great. Hopefully there is a smart Democrat out there right now learning how to talk at a 4th grade level like it is second nature.

I was under the, perhaps incorrect, assumption that the bulk of attendees at inaugurations were from across the country. Sure, there is a concentrated number from the immediate area compared to, say, Montana, but isn't it generally a national event drawing attendees from well outside of just DC? Seems like some are talking about the inauguration as if 95%+ of the people that go are from DC or the surrounding burbs.

Until this thread, I've never seen the inauguration or protests ad the mall considered to be local events.

As a use of "alternate facts", the Orlando Magic's PA announcer introduced Steve Kerr as a former Magic STAR....well he did average 9 mpg.

Fast and Furious seemed like a scandal, but maybe it was a fiasco?

I think other folks have answered for me. I am all for cautious liberalism and moderate conservatism, but the whole, "I'm an adult and I can see faults with both sides," is just really annoying, Mr. DeacMan.

You cannot compare oranges and zits. One is a fruit, the other sits on your face when you are a kid. That is how we got here, we compare stuff like the Clinton foundation, that has SPENT 90% of an uber amount of money on helping people with the Trump foundation as if they are comparable. Or Trump university with Email. A con is a con and bad judgement is just that. One should land you in jail, the other should be a slap on the wrist.

Yep. Trump is a chump. And I already made it clear, Mr. Le Bone, that I wasn't comparing Obama on some scale with Trump. But you cheapen your argument if you drone on about how perfect Obama was. He wasn't scandal free. The IRS, Snowden, Benghazi, Obamacare, Iran, a refusal to enforce immigration laws. All of those things are legitimate issues - especially given how Obama promised to be something vastly different as a leader. And some of the above issues are now leading to very real concerns we should all have about Trump - i.e. Obama over extended use of administrative power that Trump now gets to enjoy.

Yep. Trump is a chump. And I already made it clear, Mr. Le Bone, that I wasn't comparing Obama on some scale with Trump. But you cheapen your argument if you drone on about how perfect Obama was. He wasn't scandal free. The IRS, Snowden, Benghazi, Obamacare, Iran, a refusal to enforce immigration laws. All of those things are legitimate issues - especially given how Obama promised to be something vastly different as a leader. And some of the above issues are now leading to very real concerns we should all have about Trump - i.e. Obama over extended use of administrative power that Trump now gets to enjoy.

As mentioned, the closest thing you have to a scandal is maybe the IRS thing, but you still keep on repeating it.

The SpiceMan is having an awesome press conference. Trump had the most viewed inauguration in history. A reporter came at him with "Even more than Reagan?" And Spicer dropped some knowledge on him!

As mentioned, the closest thing you have to a scandal is maybe the IRS thing, but you still keep on repeating it.

Except it was NOTHING. The only group that was denied the status they requested was liberal group. BTW, the person who "created" this policy, was a lifelong Republican who testified to Congress that there was no intervention from DC.

IRS wanted to make sure organizations founded around not paying taxes were legitimately not paying taxes. I'm all about catching tax cheats and increase revenue.

Snowden happened. Is Obama somehow responsible for a middle tier agent??? Obamacare and Iran and immigration laws were all policy. And Obama deported more illegal immigrants than any President in history, btw. You are conflating policy with scandal, I am afraid.

Back