• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spicer Presser

You are correct in the following scenario:
Person A: Apples are a fruit.
Person B: Apples are sometimes red.

You are incorrect in the scenario as it played out:
Person A: Apples are a fruit.
Person B: Apples aren't fruits. Period.

This is the correct response regardless. Saying "go consult the dictionary" when you're not contextualizing the way the statement was used isn't smart.

Lol at doubling down on the millions of illegal voters thing. I guess they are just trying to distract from the policy stuff, but damn.

Lol at doubling down on the millions of illegal voters thing. I guess they are just trying to distract from the policy stuff, but damn.

Spicer falls back on Trump's confidence in his electoral college win, but some reporter needs to point out that voter fraud on that scale would have been more than enough to swing those states. He is in effect undermining the legitimacy of his own election.

Spicer falls back on Trump's confidence in his electoral college win, but some reporter needs to point out that voter fraud on that scale would have been more than enough to swing those states. He is in effect undermining the legitimacy of his own election.

Not if those millions were all in California.

Trump will probably try to write an EO that makes voting for someone other than Trump illegal

He also said today that Trump won more electoral votes than any Republican president since Reagan, which is a lie.

He also said today that Trump won more electoral votes than any Republican president since Reagan, which is a lie.

Was talking with a buddy a few minutes ago about that.

What's the end game there? Distraction? Cementing your base?

Spicer just isn't that dumb to go up there and spout off (legitimate) facts that are easily disprovable. What's the point of this?

Maybe he is just plain stupid and thinks everybody else is too? I have no idea what the hell is going on, or what world these people are living in, but it's not one that is factually correct.

Was talking with a buddy a few minutes ago about that.

What's the end game there? Distraction? Cementing your base?

Spicer just isn't that dumb to go up there and spout off (legitimate) facts that are easily disprovable. What's the point of this?

Maybe he is just plain stupid and thinks everybody else is too? I have no idea what the hell is going on, or what world these people are living in, but it's not one that is factually correct.

Discredit the national media and make Trump the one source of truth.

Hell I can see it now: Donald declares himself dictator of America. Rubio says he has some reservations about it, but ultimately is fine with it. McCain says that it's not the way we've typically done things and that he needs to ask Congress, but ultimately if he doesn't it's okay. Graham chastises him and says "he needs to just drop this whole dictator thing" but then chuckles about it and doesn't outright oppose it.

He already declared his inauguration day as patriotic day or something

Discredit the national media and make Trump the one source of truth.

This is basically the correct answer. The strategy here is all laid out in Orwell's writing and other places too. If no information is credible, or, in other words, all facts are questionable, the leadership gets to define truth.

Back