• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spicer Presser

"alternative facts" learn it, love it.

Donald Trump should be the Tunnels version of Jeff [Redacted].

He may not be a conservative, but he's a Republican. I have the same critique of that as I do calling him an "illegitimate" president. You may not like him, but he's legitimate. You may not like him, but he's a Republican. If you sign up as a Republican, you're a Republican. That's the only qualification - this is why it's important to not conflate party affiliation and ideology (which is also the same underlying issue with "we're the party of Lincoln!" and "democrats did X" or "republicans did Y" back in the 60's.)

Which of the times that I've said I didn't vote for him, he's not an authentic Republican and he doesn't represent my views have you missed? All of them, apparently.

He's in office precisely because he's an actual outsider. The voters who decided this election---in states that are traditionally blue---have had enough of both parties empty promises. On immigration. On debt. We all got the biggest FU imaginable from the disaffected voters you guys used to pretend to care about (this was apparently before the mass sliming).

He is your punishment for pretending to care about issues that were important to them, and the punishment is going to be painful. If you're mad about a press conference, strap in. It's going to get a lot worse, but remember: we (partisans) earned each and every bit of it.

You understand the difference between 'he doesn't represent my views" and "wow- his comments at the CIA undermine the office of the President- I understand why people are upset." For whatever reason* you do not want to make the 2nd statement, instead choosing to mock those who share your views.

*we know the actual reason

He's also republican because republicans control the house and senate, will pass republican things even if the majority of people hate it, trump will sign it into law, republicans get what they want and have their horrible approval rating fall Guy. Trump will take credit for a bunch of awful things and in the end "real" republicans get their agenda and none of the blame.

While I'm sure you could find a few protesting for that reason, it would be a big mistake for them to assume the marches were a protest of his legitimacy as president and not a statement that women will not be marginalized by the administration or some of the policies that have been floated by the right going forward.

Which issues is Trump proposing that scares you?

Sunday morning is usually the most peaceful time on the politics forum as all the strong right posters run off to church. There they get reinforcement of their behind the time views on woman and gays and how it's ok because god doesn't love everyone just good church going christians. Additionally they learn that by being born in America they were blessed by God and that means anything wrong in their lives must be somebody else fault like immigrants or dirty heathen hordes of muslims. With their moral batteries recharged they return to the boards for another week.

Wow. Bigoted much?

I appreciated my friend's response to the presser:

Seriously?! Did I take a nap and wake up in f*ing North Korea?

Great Leader says crowds were historic! Great leader says biggest ever! Millions! Great leader says it, so it must be so! Any dissent is a lie! Media is a lie! Photos are a lie! Facts and numbers are a lie! Great leader says so! Obey Great leader! Do not anger Great leader!

HOW IS THIS OKAY WITH ANY AMERICAN?!

Which of the times that I've said I didn't vote for him, he's not an authentic Republican and he doesn't represent my views have you missed? All of them, apparently.

He's in office precisely because he's an actual outsider. The voters who decided this election---in states that are traditionally blue---have had enough of both parties empty promises. On immigration. On debt. We all got the biggest FU imaginable from the disaffected voters you guys used to pretend to care about (this was apparently before the mass sliming).

He is your punishment for pretending to care about issues that were important to them, and the punishment is going to be painful. If you're mad about a press conference, strap in. It's going to get a lot worse, but remember: we (partisans) earned each and every bit of it.

This is what a lot of Trump voters will sound like in 4 years. Outside of the true believer-yokels, this is what most Trump voters will hide behind. It's so odd that these non-supporters never utter a critical word against the president. What a strange coincidence.

LOL at the idea that middle-class rural voters are really worried about the debt. Now the Republicans are in charge you won't hear a thing about that except for highly-publicized cuts to pet programs that liberal Elites value like the Arts and stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

LOL at the idea that middle-class rural voters are really worried about the debt. Now the Republicans are in charge you won't hear a thing about that except for highly-publicized cuts to pet programs that liberal Elites value like the Arts and stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Trump can say that he is saving millions and billions, getting us "out of debt", without mentioning that the programs he's slashing are .001% of the budget. All the while he is spending bigly on expanding the military and not mentioning how much that costs.

Back