• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spicer Presser

Trump can say that he is saving millions and billions, getting us "out of debt", without mentioning that the programs he's slashing are .001% of the budget. All the while he is spending bigly on expanding the military and not mentioning how much that costs.

Be prepared to hear about how tax cuts don't increase the deficit since it isn't the government's money.

one might wonder if Lorne was like "maybe let's help this bozo elected" so we can make SNL great again

You lost because of it. It wasn't fake news, it wasn't the Russians and it wasn't voter suppression. You lost because your base stop believing your empty promises. You lost blue states, champ.

And you lost red states.

You lost because of it. It wasn't fake news, it wasn't the Russians and it wasn't voter suppression. You lost because your base stop believing your empty promises. You lost blue states, champ.

Lol at this refrain!

There are basically two types of conservatives that I see emerging from this election.

1) There are your really stupid, gullible conservatives like knowell and Reff that actually believe in Trump and the bullshit that he spouts.

2) Then there are conservatives like jhmd. Generally smart and/or reasonable people that may nor may not have voted for Trump, but essentially wanted him to win and preferred him to Clinton. They know exactly what Trump is and how dangerous he is, and they're grappling with the dissonance of knowing how awful/dangerous he may be for the country yet still wanting him to win.

These people will point to the supreme court or other conservative policies that they'll win over the next four years. I think this is fairly legitimate as those goals are consisent with traditional conservative values. But they should at least be honest enough to say, "we know Trump is a dangerous shithead, but it's worth the risk in my view to control the government." I think Trump is so uniquely terrible that I disagree, but I'd at least treat that line of thought as honest; an argument reasonable and logically consistent enough to be worthy of judgment down the line.

But other nonsense like "this is what you elite libruls get for ignoring hard working americans for the last eight years," or "you earned this FU from the voters for ignoring hard working americans for eight years" is just garbage. Yeah, Clinton was a shit candidate and didn't run an effective campaign with an effective message. That's self evident by the fact she lost. But you're not convincing any liberals or moderates by ignoring the total war the GOP has waged against good governance and cooperation during the Obama administration. Enough people recognized that to give her the popular vote.

And let's also stop pretending like you're an uninterested party and that you're watching the events of the next four years unfold like some neutral observer. This is the outcome you wanted. Own it. If Trump does half the shit he's promised for middle-class Americans, he'll have done some good. I doubt he'll follow through on his populist promises. I think he's going to fuck the average American and lie to their faces about which position he's fucking them in. He'll have a press conference saying he's fucking us doggy style when he's clearly pile driving us. But let's stop bullshiting each other with this "I didn't support Trump, but fuck all libruls and fuck you whiny snowflakes about how you lost the election," routine.

Democrats shit the bed. You're in charge. We're going to protest, bitch, and whine about it. I don't think it's possible for us to reach the disgusting, sometimes racist, and destructive level of opposition that Obama faced from many conservatives. But part of being the ruling party is that while you get to run shit, you also occassionally hear from those that don't like what you're doing. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

The Kellyanne Conway stuff is the best thing on SNL now.

Some of the lamest, most unfunny shit ever. The show has hit rock bottom. If it wasn't for Kenan Thompson there would be little reason watch. Her Ginsburg is funny though.

Do you even know what this is parodying?
One of her appearances on CNN and some musical? Cabaret or that recent one with the red haired girl? WTF does it matter if I know what musical. It's still not funny.

This is when we entered a post truth political world, no?

http://www.politifact.com/obama-like-health-care-keep/
Maybe you believe Obama knew people would lose their healthcare/doctor and that he purposefully lied about what was going to happen. The truth is that people DID lose their healthcare/Doctor. Did Obama deny that happened after the fact? If he did, I didn't see it. I can agree that he wasn't contrite enough about the consequences and flaws of Obamacare.

What does this even mean?

I voted for a write-in candidate, because neither of the nominees was fit to serve. Trump was a protest vote against both establishments. I protested the protest vote.

I voted for a write-in candidate, because neither of the nominees was fit to serve. Trump was a protest vote against both establishments. I protested the protest vote.

Dominating a major party's primaries then winning the general election as a candidate from one of the two parties is not a protest vote. If he ran as a third party candidate and won, then he would be.

Lol at this refrain!

There are basically two types of conservatives that I see emerging from this election.

1) There are your really stupid, gullible conservatives like knowell and Reff that actually believe in Trump and the bullshit that he spouts.

2) Then there are conservatives like jhmd. Generally smart and/or reasonable people that may nor may not have voted for Trump, but essentially wanted him to win and preferred him to Clinton. They know exactly what Trump is and how dangerous he is, and they're grappling with the dissonance of knowing how awful/dangerous he may be for the country yet still wanting him to win.

These people will point to the supreme court or other conservative policies that they'll win over the next four years. I think this is fairly legitimate as those goals are consisent with traditional conservative values. But they should at least be honest enough to say, "we know Trump is a dangerous shithead, but it's worth the risk in my view to control the government." I think Trump is so uniquely terrible that I disagree, but I'd at least treat that line of thought as honest; an argument reasonable and logically consistent enough to be worthy of judgment down the line.

But other nonsense like "this is what you elite libruls get for ignoring hard working americans for the last eight years," or "you earned this FU from the voters for ignoring hard working americans for eight years" is just garbage
. Yeah, Clinton was a shit candidate and didn't run an effective campaign with an effective message. That's self evident by the fact she lost. But you're not convincing any liberals or moderates by ignoring the total war the GOP has waged against good governance and cooperation during the Obama administration. Enough people recognized that to give her the popular vote.

And let's also stop pretending like you're an uninterested party and that you're watching the events of the next four years unfold like some neutral observer. This is the outcome you wanted. Own it. If Trump does half the shit he's promised for middle-class Americans, he'll have done some good. I doubt he'll follow through on his populist promises. I think he's going to fuck the average American and lie to their faces about which position he's fucking them in. He'll have a press conference saying he's fucking us doggy style when he's clearly pile driving us. But let's stop bullshiting each other with this "I didn't support Trump, but fuck all libruls and fuck you whiny snowflakes about how you lost the election," routine.

Democrats shit the bed. You're in charge. We're going to protest, bitch, and whine about it. I don't think it's possible for us to reach the disgusting, sometimes racist, and destructive level of opposition that Obama faced from many conservatives. But part of being the ruling party is that while you get to run shit, you also occassionally hear from those that don't like what you're doing. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

This really is what happened (except for the you guys actually believe "elite" part). I know it undercuts your populist autobiographies, but the rust belt and mid-Atlantic states voted for Obama twice, Kerry before him, Gore before him and Clinton's husband. They were left out of whatever recovery Obama was able to piece together, so they fired you guys as their horse in this race. Trump figured out it, you didn't. Checkmate DJT.

eta: I'm not trying to shame you guys for it, I'm just calling you on the historical rewrite. The left has spent the last several years mocking attempts to strengthen immigration enforcement, creating sanctuary cities and lecturing everyone about white privilege (how did you think that was going to go over in poor white America? Not rhetorical.). Look no further for proof that you all cut bait on them than they became the initial targets of the denial-rage, by a goodly portion of you guys labeling them ignorant rubes. Why do you think that they would vote for you?

Last edited:
Dominating a major party's primaries then winning the general election as a candidate from one of the two parties is not a protest vote. If he ran as a third party candidate and won, then he would be.

Don't forget being supported by nearly every party figure.

Don't forget being supported by nearly every party figure.

Well we've just completely severed all of our factual mooring lines with this one, now haven't we? The last two Republican Presidents voted for Clinton.

Back