• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US Israeli Embassy Moving To Jerusalem

This is dumb. Even the Israelis don't want it to be in Jerusalem.

Well, not all Israeli's.

Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat welcomed the Trump administration's announcement.

"This evening's announcement has sent a clear message to the world that the US recognises Jerusalem as the indivisible capital of the State of Israel," Barkat said in a statement.

"We will provide any and all necessary assistance to the US administration to ensure that the embassy move is done seamlessly and efficiently."

The mayor is obviously reading too much into what was said as Spicer was clear the administration are only now beginning to discuss it. But I believe Trump did say he intended to do this during the campaign.

We'll see what comes of this. The embassy is the least of Palestine's problems when it comes to getting their own state anyway.

Last edited:
Well, not all Israeli's.

Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat welcomed the Trump administration's announcement.

"This evening's announcement has sent a clear message to the world that the US recognises Jerusalem as the indivisible capital of the State of Israel," Barkat said in a statement.

"We will provide any and all necessary assistance to the US administration to ensure that the embassy move is done seamlessly and efficiently."

Mayor of a city wants U.S. to put an embassy in his city as opposed to somebody else's city. This is not news

Mayor of a city wants U.S. to put an embassy in his city as opposed to somebody else's city. This is not news

You may want to let the press in Israel know this.

Care to tell me what Netanyahu thinks about the idea? He, afterall, is the leader of the country. And I think we all know what he thinks about a two state solution.

"Congress had initially approved the Palestinian funding in budget years 2015 and 2016, but at least two GOP lawmakers - Ed Royce of California, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and Kay Granger of Texas, who sits on the House Appropriations Committee - had placed holds on it over moves the Palestinian Authority had taken to seek membership in international organizations. Congressional holds are generally respected by the executive branch but are not legally binding"

"Congress had initially approved the Palestinian funding in budget years 2015 and 2016, but at least two GOP lawmakers - Ed Royce of California, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and Kay Granger of Texas, who sits on the House Appropriations Committee - had placed holds on it over moves the Palestinian Authority had taken to seek membership in international organizations. Congressional holds are generally respected by the executive branch but are not legally binding"

Who should the president respect the congressional holds when they didn't respect his nomination of Merrick Garland?

Who should the president respect the congressional holds when they didn't respect his nomination of Merrick Garland?
I posted that in response to the provacative headline. Obama wasn't breaking any rules by delivering that funding.

What does this accomplish other than the obvious pandering to evangelicals?

can one of you Christians explain why you want Israel's capital moved? where's Wrangor

Gonna make Kushner's job of bringing peace to the ME so much harder. He was working so hard at it and so close to succeeding, too. Oh well.

Back