• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

The Mandalorian continues to kick ass. I love how they unapologetically adopt a bunch of basic tropes and knock them out of the park while giving us strong character development and world building.

It was a really smart move by Disney to get this out at launch. This shows the world that Star Wars is more than Skywalker and the Empire or derivatives of them. Hopefully it will prepare people to move beyond those stories on the big screen.

Rewatching TFA and the First Order is just flushing money outfitting the Stormtroopers with the chest armor

While doing a Star Wars promo interview, Billy Dee Williams came out as gender fluid.

The Mandalorian continues to kick ass. I love how they unapologetically adopt a bunch of basic tropes and knock them out of the park while giving us strong character development and world building.

It was a really smart move by Disney to get this out at launch. This shows the world that Star Wars is more than Skywalker and the Empire or derivatives of them. Hopefully it will prepare people to move beyond those stories on the big screen.

Yeah. This last episode wasn’t even trying to mask the fact that it was The Magnificent Seven, or Seven Samurai if you’re mildly cultured, and I didn’t care in the least. I’m not the most objective audience because I love Westerns and I love Star Wars, but I’ve enjoyed every minute of it so far.

One criticism I see of the show, especially this latest one, is that it's too "fan service" focused. Well I DGAF. I loved the fan service from the last episode including my favorite detail

The decorative strip above the booth is wider now to cover damage from Greedo's blast. Once and for all burying the original showing of the Greedo scene.

It’s an accomplishment to create a “fan service” Star Wars show with no characters from the films, no Skywalkers, no Jedi, no lightsabers, and very little force or Empire.

I don't quite understand Lando's point of view in this story. I don't get why he would knowingly work with Imperials.

He didn’t have much choice once Vader got to Bespin.

I thought chapter 4 of the Mandalorian was not much good (despite the obvious 7 samurais reference, which I appreciated) but chapter 5 picked it up nicely.

So you mean Mando. He took a job. That’s what the Guild does. And he wanted that Beskar.

Yeah Mando, what a noob I am.

I mean I thought so at first but it seems like in the larger picture that the Imperials are persona non grata at this stage. I mean that's really the only thing in this series that has rubbed me the wrong way but I guess I'm in the minority on this one.

My read is that the average being believes the Empire is done. But they’re still using Imperial credits although local currency is stronger. Given the status of the Empire, I don’t think Mando would be too worried about one rogue former Imperial with a few dirty Stormtroopers. He deals with shady people all the time.

The loss of Death Star 2 was a political hit more than anything. The hardware, Star Destroyers and troops are still plentiful (which we'll learn more about in a couple of weeks, based on the trailers), there's just a leadership void at the top during The Mandalorian. I'd expect the galaxy to be full of warlords who will eventually be united to form the First Order.

Star Wars thread (Baby Yoda y'all)

One possible explanation of the complete fall of the Empire is that they poured so many resources into Death Stars 1 and 2 in a short period of time that they were stretched too thin across the galaxy. Once they were defeated on Endor, word got out and Rebel forces mobilized and Empire leadership scattered. The interesting thing here is that the Rebels never seemed to have reformed the Galactic Senate or any other governance structure. From what we know, Leia never really stopped rebelling. So they may mean she spent the time between Eps 6 and 7 taking down active Empire cells. Perhaps that was part of the tension between her and Han. She never stopped fighting and settled down even after Ben was born and once he turned, it just became too much.

As far as the Mandalorian timeline, we can presume Snoke is around. Not sure in what capacity. None of the other core villains in 7 and 8 would be active yet. That would be interesting territory for The Mandalorian to cover. For all we know Snoke could be the mysterious figure at the end of the last ep.

By the way, Ming Na Wen is a treasure. Love her.

Last edited:
Back