• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Didn’t Starkiller base destroy the capital and new senate in Ep 7?

Watching episode IV with the kids tonight. The CGI jabba scene Lucas spliced in is just awful. On a 4k tv it's even worse than when they rereleased the movies. Why, George, why?

Watching episode IV with the kids tonight. The CGI jabba scene Lucas spliced in is just awful. On a 4k tv it's even worse than when they rereleased the movies. Why, George, why?

The worst scene they added in is the new song in Jabba’s Palace in Jedi. The CGI is so out of place.

The worst scene they added in is the new song in Jabba’s Palace in Jedi. The CGI is so out of place.

And it's so random. The first time I saw the movie was that version and I couldn't understand why that song was there. It was so out of place.

What was the audition call like for Pedro Pascal for this show?

"Ok Pedro, put this trash can over your head and then ENUNCIATE."

I guess it's a win for him that he doesn't have to sit in makeup.

Or show up to set. I wonder if he just did voice over after filming with a stand in/stunt person.

I've been wondering about casting Pascal as well. He's not a big enough name to draw in some built-in audience but he's a big enough name that he's more expensive than a veteran voice actor.

I checked online and he has a stunt double.

No doubt he'll be helmetless soon enough but will he still be helmeted for whole episodes afterward? Tune in and see.

Last edited:

It is awful. It was bad enough when it was in the "special editions" that first came out in 1997. But then for the DVD release, Lucas changed it again and some how made it worse!

I've been wondering about casting Pascal as well. He's not a big enough name to draw in some built-in audience but he's a big enough name that he's more expensive than a veteran voice actor.

I checked online and he has a stunt double.

No doubt he'll be helmetless soon enough but will he still be helmeted for whole episodes afterward? Tune in and see.

This answers the Pascal question. Pretty good gig if you can get it.

http://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/pedro-pascal-mandalorian-stunt-doubles-1202195863/

This answers the Pascal question. Pretty good gig if you can get it.

http://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/pedro-pascal-mandalorian-stunt-doubles-1202195863/

*cough*

Yeah. I read a review that was kind of mocking the appeal to people who know what Beskar steel is. I thought yeah. That’s the plus in Disney+. This is for the hardcore fans.

Voice acting is going to be big in this show. I hope nobody thinks Pedro Pascal is actually in that armor full time.

I enjoyed the post-Empire perspective the dirty Stormtrooper armor was nice touch.

May be worth it to check out the episodes of Star Wars Rebels that took place on Mandalore. Beskar steel was a big part of those plots.

When looking at the IMDB page for the various guest stars from the most recent Mandalorian, I noticed that the eponymous prisoner has a credit for a character named "Mando". Neat huh?

Anyway, another "more fun than barrel of monkeys" episode. We finally got to see Orange Vanilla in action. Bill Burr's agent is worth every cent for being able to convince this show's producers as well as Breaking Bad's "Have I got a guy to play a bad-ass for you..."

Bill Burr was less distracting than I expected when we first saw him.

Another good episode. Love the isolate and pick them off one by one trope. Also like how we gradually explore Mando’s past to learn how much he has changed.

Next episode drops Wednesday.

Rise of Skywalker obviously is Thursday night.

Season finale is Friday the 27th.

If Disney was planning ahead, we could see a 76 year old Baby Yoda’s first words in Rise of Skywalker and a resolution to his (could be her too I guess) plot line in the finale.

This show is consistently entertaining. Also, Bill Burr!!!

I think the main criticism of individual episodes is that many of them are stand alone episodes that don't obviously move a larger plot or narrative along. They may be bottle episodes but as ph said they still peel back layers of Mando and show his journey of conscious. We've been watching as a family and there is a little something for everyone. Mando's growth, baby Yoda, action, a little humor. There's also quite a bit of nostalgia because it really is a western told in a really well fleshed out star wars universe. It may not hold up like that for my kids the way the original trilogy did for me but it's been great to share that with them.

It isn’t really a binge type of show. It’s more of a nice thing to do on Fridays.

I also like how it’s just one main story in every episode. It does break into kind of an A and B story between Mando and Baby Yoda but that usually a way to lightly break up or ramp up the tension. Mando is clearly the focus.

The three X-Wing pilots were three of the show directors.

Back