• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

In this most recent episode we discovered

Make it a Mandalorian episode

The thing that was made for the main characters friend in todays episode has got me and my boys so excited that my wife called us nerds.

The thing that was made for the main characters friend in todays episode has got me and my boys so excited that my wife called us nerds.

I thought we wouldn’t see that for a long time.

It feels like they started shooting the new season of Mando, got sidetracked by Covid, then said hey, let's tie this into Boba Fett somehow.

I am probably in the minority but I feel that this episode was the weakest of the season. It really did nothing for the story. However it was super entertaining. And probably the most fun I have had this season
But I also feel it was one of the better Mando episodes written. They seamlessly worked Boba and Shand into the Mando story. The opposite was true here. It felt more like a way to set up Mando 3 than a way to work Mando into the Book of Boba Fett

Last edited:
yeah, weird to have only about 5 minutes of the episode to link in the Boba Fett world. it really felt more like Mandalorian S3E1

Did anyone else LOL at the PVC vinyl curtains in the meat processing plant? I mean, all this space tech and they have some basic ass modern day industrial vinyl strip curtains.

regarding the meat packing plant … in Star Wars universe , We are used to pilots, military officers and soldiers, princesses,smugglers, bounty hunters etc so it made me laugh to see some regular blue collar dudes working a shift at the meat factory. Those guys must HATE their job.

I love the regular person stuff.

I highly recommend checking out Jason Concepcion's X-Ray Vision podcast for deep dives into Book of Boba Fett episodes. He and Rosie Knight had some great insights about how Ep 5 suggests the future of Star Wars will heavily rely on the interplay between the Mandalorians and Jedi. We saw this in The Mandalorian with Mando and Grogu. Former Darksaber holder Sabine from Rebels is heavily rumored to be in the Ahsoka show.

The big question is if Ep 5 was a set up for Ep 6 or Season 3 of The Mandalorian.

I mean I suppose you could go into season 3 of The Mandalorian without seeing that Boba episode but you’d probably be like where the fuck did that come from and when did that happen etc…

Good thing you can just watch it on Disney+. Streaming really eliminates much of the need to dumb down storytelling.

So that was one heck of an episode. When the last scene reached the climax, I told my wife this has to be the end because I can't take anymore.

So nearly all of 2 out of the last 3 episodes is focused on the Mandalorian. 🙄

So that was one heck of an episode. When the last scene reached the climax, I told my wife this has to be the end because I can't take anymore.

I don’t know if I could have enjoyed that more. My watching a ton of Clone Wars last summer is paying off too. Funny that this show called itself The Book of Boba Fett if this was always the plan for the story

So nearly all of 2 out of the last 3 episodes is focused on the Mandalorian.

Looks like a fan wasn’t properly served.

It seems like Favreau and Filoni decided they would have been better off integrating some of Boba’s backstory into Mandalorian Season 2 so they decided not to make that mistake again. Otherwise Mando would have just shown up with another character or two ready to fight and we would have been waiting.

I thought it was a great episode. While I've enjoyed all of the Book of Boba Fett, the character of the Mandalorian is just so much more compelling and entertaining.

I take back what I said last week about not really roping Mando into the story and doing a 1 episode fill to set up Mando 3. The last two episodes have been great and and I am ready for the rest of the season

Back