• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

I don't see Solo on Disney+. Is it on any of the other streaming services? I need to give it a re-watch.

Star Wars thread (Skywalker saga ends)

I watched Rebels first and that pushed me to watch CW (only 2 seasons in). Clone Wars had seemed too hokey (and it really is, but Rebels opened me up to the universe building capacity of CW)

Same for me. I’m at the end of CW Season 1.

It’s hard getting into a show centered around a BS war in which the main characters are the future bad guys, dopes, or both. It’s not even a good BS war. Between three films and a season, I don’t remember what the motivation of either side is except that they’re being manipulated.

Ashoka is the only one worth rooting for and that’s why I watch.

Last edited:
Same for me. I’m at the end of CW Season 1.

It’s hard getting into a show centered around a BS war in which the main characters are the future bad guys, dopes, or both. It’s not even a good BS war. Between three films and a season, I don’t remember what the motivation of either side is except that they’re being manipulated.

Ashoka is the only one worth rooting for and that’s why I watch.

This is where I am. Because of Rebels, I basically am watching to see the development of Ahsoka, Rex, and the backstory of Mandalore (last episode I watched was the first appearance of the dark saber). I do hear that the later seasons get better storytelling, esp. with the reemergence of Darth Maul.

The droids are annoying and try too hard for comic relief (reminding me it's a kids show) and the Obi Wan in CW so far is kind of insufferable.

Clone wars just keeps getting better. The final 4 episodes of the final season are fantastic. Having said that google the best CW episodes or arcs. Enjoy those "in order" if you find some stuff tedious.

This is where I am. Because of Rebels, I basically am watching to see the development of Ahsoka, Rex, and the backstory of Mandalore (last episode I watched was the first appearance of the dark saber). I do hear that the later seasons get better storytelling, esp. with the reemergence of Darth Maul.

The droids are annoying and try too hard for comic relief (reminding me it's a kids show) and the Obi Wan in CW so far is kind of insufferable.

Yeah. And even young Ahsoka is pretty annoying. They (like the entire world of fiction) needs to figure out a way to make precocious kids not be so annoying. Granted, precocious kids in real life can be pretty annoying too.

When it all comes down to it, people I trust really like CW so that's worth it for me.

Yeah. The potential is there to build a broad Lucasfilm Star Wars universe. They just need to go for it.

Interesting thought about the end of The Mandalorian. Mando has to find a Jedi. What Jedi? The ones we know are around are Ezra Bridger (Rebels) and Ahoska (Clone Wars and Rebels). It's possible Season 2 could introduce live versions of Ezra and Sabine Wren, the Mandalorian from Rebels. There's only a 9 year gap between the end of Rebels and The Mandalorian. Sabine would be a very different take on Mandalorians.

Watching the series finale of Rebels with my little one. Thrawn says something like "the rest of the Jedi are beaten, in hiding, or poorly trained children" so there are more out there. Mando, a raw Jedi, and Baby Yoda would make a good show.

And Sabine Wren is in the trailer for Season 2.

Yeah. That's excellent. I don't have the time to play it but that's got me thinking about it.

bump for the new season. i have really enjoyed it so far. last episode was nightmare fuel if you don't like spiders.

It wasn't a great story on par with other episodes. But it was a showcase of amazing practical effects, special effects, costuming, and puppetry. It's like they made this episode specifically for the Emmys.

Another fun episode of the mandalorian. A surprise, gave a glimpse into the story for the season, and a nice name drop.

Definitely a better budget for this season. Really enjoyed the first episode, but that's probably because Timothy Olyphant is awesome, even if he does play the same character in pretty much everything. I hope he returns for something later. I thought it was cool to delve into the sand people a bit more as "people". The snow spider episode didn't really add much, but was fun. This last episode got more into the main arc and also expanded the Mando universe a bit, getting into lore, etc. I'm not a SW nerd like you fuckers, so it's all new to me.

Don't need to know all the lore to enjoy but it does add color and fun easter eggs. These are new stories so even those of us that know a little (me) and those that know a lot don't know whats coming.

Yeah. They told us everything we need to know about these characters for now. People who know a lot about the lore can fill in some gaps but still don’t know what’s happening next. They could have left what she was after and who has it dangling but they didn’t.

No one can say that was a filler.

Question for those that have watched the various animated shows - how much did someone miss out on in "The Jedi" by not knowing anything else about Ahsoka other than that she was Anakin's padawan?

Back