Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars thread (Mandalorian + a million other shows coming)

I disagree with you
    the answer is Star Wars will lose some of made it iconic. it'll just run together into infinity like the Marvel franchise and comic books have for nearly a century but will still have highs and lows and a large cultural relevance.

Just so long as they don't go back and remake the original Star Wars like 6 times like they do with Spiderman and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    So moving on from the Skywalker family? I'm not sure what you mean.
    Decentralizing it from heroes and making it more ensemble.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    I'll see all of the Star Wars movies. I'm sure they'll all be profitable... For a while, at least. But my point is that there is high potential to fuck things up. I say this fully realizing that the prequels exist and didn't kill anything.

Marvel is kind of a different animal. I am much less of a Marvel guy, aside from knowing the stock very well before it was bought by Disney. I'd have said back then that I had a lot more faith in Marvel than in Disney in terms of keeping things going, but Disney has clearly done a good job (w/ the movies, at least). I do think, however, that the Marvel universe is different than Star Wars in that the jury is still out as to whether or not anyone gives a shit about a non-Skywalker movie (even Rogue One was tangentially a part of it). What is to keep future Star Wars from just being some generic space action movie?

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    What is to keep future Star Wars from just being some generic space action movie?
    sort of presupposes it isn't already

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    sort of presupposes it isn't already
    You bite your fucking tongue!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    Just so long as they don't go back and remake the original Star Wars like 6 times like they do with Spiderman and Batman.
    Spiderman and Batman movies weren't "remade." They just made different films with those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    the answer is Star Wars will lose some of made it iconic. it'll just run together into infinity like the Marvel franchise and comic books have for nearly a century but will still have highs and lows and a large cultural relevance.
    Haha, iswydt, even if you didn't intend to do what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    I'll see all of the Star Wars movies. I'm sure they'll all be profitable... For a while, at least. But my point is that there is high potential to fuck things up. I say this fully realizing that the prequels exist and didn't kill anything.

Marvel is kind of a different animal. I am much less of a Marvel guy, aside from knowing the stock very well before it was bought by Disney. I'd have said back then that I had a lot more faith in Marvel than in Disney in terms of keeping things going, but Disney has clearly done a good job (w/ the movies, at least). I do think, however, that the Marvel universe is different than Star Wars in that the jury is still out as to whether or not anyone gives a shit about a non-Skywalker movie (even Rogue One was tangentially a part of it). What is to keep future Star Wars from just being some generic space action movie?
    With all the movies + television shows, I was thinking along these lines that this is a bit much and I was probably going to jump off of the "must stay in the loop on Star Wars canon" train. Or I'll probably be content to just read summaries online, certainly for the tv shows. That's already my approach for Rebels.

How many Star Wars TV shows are they planning? I've only heard of one to be on the Disney streaming service.

The marvel franchise is made up of a huge number of varied characters with differing tone/theme/personality. It lends itself to making differnt styles of movie (heist, save the world, comedy, space opera).

We have not seen that variety with the star wars universe yet. If they can pull it off they should be good.

people are finally realizing- George Lucas was the only thing holding Star Wars together

Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    The marvel franchise is made up of a huge number of varied characters with differing tone/theme/personality. It lends itself to making differnt styles of movie (heist, save the world, comedy, space opera).

We have not seen that variety with the star wars universe yet. If they can pull it off they should be good.
    Yeah. In this case, Disney gets to preserve the tone but create the characters. Three movies in they've done a great job.

Except for the useless black guy and Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Except for the useless black guy and Asian.
    If it was useless, it wouldn’t be in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    How many Star Wars TV shows are they planning? I've only heard of one to be on the Disney streaming service.
    "Multiple" is all I've heard.

Last edited by Junebug; 07-30-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Saw they are starting up clone wars again.

Seems like an interesting decision to go back to that era between II and III after Rebels covered ground between III and IV. The article I read said the show ended abruptly. I didn't watch it. Was that the case? It ended awhile ago.

Disney has to fill out that new streaming option.

So it looks like there are three Star Wars TV shows:

Resistance is animated and takes place a few years before VII.
    Clone Wars is animated and takes place between II and III.
    A yet to be titled live action show takes place a few years after VI.

Any others?
    Last edited by PhDeac; 07-30-2018 at 12:31 PM.

My daughter and I have about 1 1/2 seasons left to watch. Some really good episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    Dad?