Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars thread (Mandalorian + a million other shows coming)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    Ugh that looks terrible. Snoke or whatever was the worst part of 7. Arguably the only bad part, and this trailer is all him. I watched like 3 times and still have no idea what he says in the beginning.
    Really? it's just "Breath.. just breath, now reach out.. what do you see?" pretty clearly afaik. I couldn't even tell it was Snoke tbh, thought maybe it was Luke when I first saw it.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Ugh that looks terrible. Snoke or whatever was the worst part of 7. Arguably the only bad part, and this trailer is all him. I watched like 3 times and still have no idea what he says in the beginning.
    LOL. Snoke isn't even the trailer. That's Luke talking. Do you even Star Wars bro?

Nvrmind I was duped. Watched some fan mashup

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    LOL. Snoke isn't even the trailer. That's Luke talking. Do you even Star Wars bro?
    Whew, k thought I was going crazy. Thought that had to be Luke but maybe TAB had read somewhere else it was actually Snoke.

Nvrmind I was duped. Watched some fan mashup
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

I managed to watch the real trailer and still thought "meh." My kids thought it was boring too. Hopefully this is not indicative of the movie.

It's a teaser trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brangus View Post
    I managed to watch the real trailer and still thought "meh." My kids thought it was boring too. Hopefully this is not indicative of the movie.
    It's a teaser, dude. It is meant to show very little and give Star Wars nerds boners.

Man I enjoyed that trailer! Didn't show too much, loved the music, and thought there's much to learn from it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    It's a teaser trailer.
    It was the teaser equivalent of a burka.

They can do better. I'm sure they will.

LOL. There are some extensive breakdowns of that teaser that suggest some pretty interesting stuff. The big one is Luke's last line suggests a move away from Jedi vs. Sith with Rey possible starting a new order for force users. Rebels introduced a force neutral character last season (neither light nor dark).

I disagree with you
    The new order are called Millenial Snowflakes

The Luke/Rey/Kylo bukkake scene will be EPIC.

Someone must have missed out on their Sunday fun because it's Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Someone must have missed out on their Sunday fun because it's Easter.

Nope. Started early. Even threw a few rabbit jokes into the mix. No costumes though. Playboy outfit would have been fun but no dice.

Rusty Larue
    Lord and Miller abruptly quit the Han Solo movie. I think guys like them and Edgar Wright with Antman just aren't willing to concede enough creative control to keep the studios happy. Very disappointing.

Rusty Larue
    Plus all these:

This isn't the first Star Wars film to face a director issue. On Rogue One, which was helmed by Gareth Edwards, Tony Gilroy was brought in to rewrite and help oversee extensive reshoots.

The issue of "creative differences" has been the cause of several director exits over the past couple years on studio tentpoles. Tim Miller left Fox's sequel Deadpool 2; Rick Famuyiwa left Warner Bros. and DC's The Flash; and Michelle MacLaren left Wonder Woman (which was then directed by Patty Jenkins, who had previously exited Thor 2).

Scooter Banks

But the results were not disastrous -- Rogue One, Antman and Wonder Woman were all very good/great. Thor 2 was the only minor disappointment, and it wasn't bad. I don't think Lord and Miller would have been a good fit.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/entert...ler/index.html

so who is the control freak behind all of this?

Is lucas behind the scenes pulling strings?

Quote Originally Posted by marquee moon View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/entert...ler/index.html

so who is the control freak behind all of this?

Is lucas behind the scenes pulling strings?
    Read the article.

"Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it's become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we've decided to part ways," Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, said in a statement.