Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars thread (Mandalorian + a million other shows coming)

Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    Ron Howard is such a weird choice. What the hell has he done that's even close to this genre in the last 25 years? Apollo 13 doesn't count.
    But what about Sapce Cowboys?

I disagree with you
    again, it's reshoots and editing and final production. Howard would be very experienced at those things.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    again, it's reshoots and editing and final production. Howard would be very experienced at those things.
    But if the problem is tone, as in too much comedy, one presumes we are talking major re-shoots.

I disagree with you
    that seems to be an extrapolation of the known facts. all you have to do is watch some of those fan made edited trailers to prove that a comedy can be recut and re-scored into a drama into horror

i mean, ron howard isn't a super interesting choice, but he's not exactly surprising for the corporate route. did anyone see Heart of the Sea/was it any good?
    Last edited by ImTheCaptain; 06-22-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    that seems to be an extrapolation of the known facts. all you have to do is watch some of those fan made edited trailers to prove that a comedy can be recut and re-scored into a drama into horror

i mean, ron howard isn't a super interesting choice, but he's not exactly surprising for the corporate route. did anyone see Heart of the Sea/was it any good?
    It sucked

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Ron Howard is such a weird choice. What the hell has he done that's even close to this genre in the last 25 years? Apollo 13 doesn't count.
    I'm guessing his availability was a big factor.

I guess he's worked with a very young Harrison Ford so maybe he could offer some insight there

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    And now it looks confirmed that Ron Howard will take over the Han Solo movie -- not good imo
    I agree with this. This article is a great read as well....http://makingstarwars.net/2017/06/fo...-solo-spinoff/

Agree with this too. Major yawn.....http://makingstarwars.net/2017/06/ro...es-to-twitter/

I'm intrigued at the direction Star Wars seems to be going. They play hard on nostalgia and have yet to branch out in either of the 2 newest movies. I'm not sure I can handle more of that at the expense of expanding the Star Wars universe. The might want to take some tips from Marvel.

I disagree with you
    from that article:

- The Han Solo prequel was/is “a terrible idea.”
    - Excitement among fans was heightened “because of the directors attached, but now they are gone and thus so is much of the anticipation.”
    - The standalone films now seem bent on “cashing in on original trilogy nostalgia while offering answers to unasked questions” and not telling new stories from the wide Star Wars universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild View Post
    I'm intrigued at the direction Star Wars seems to be going. They play hard on nostalgia and have yet to branch out in either of the 2 newest movies. I'm not sure I can handle more of that at the expense of expanding the Star Wars universe. The might want to take some tips from Marvel.
    Marvel's first two films after the Disney purchase were Iron Man 2 and Thor. Give them time.

Disney invested $4 billion in a property with a huge nostalgia factor but new material that failed. They had to reverse engineer the success of the original trilogy before moving on. Let's at least see Ep VIII before claiming they're not doing anything new. I think that's a ridiculous claim after Rogue One anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Marvel's first two films after the Disney purchase were Iron Man 2 and Thor. Give them time.

Disney invested $4 billion in a property with a huge nostalgia factor but new material that failed. They had to reverse engineer the success of the original trilogy before moving on. Let's at least see Ep VIII before claiming they're not doing anything new. I think that's a ridiculous claim after Rogue One anyway.
    I don't think so. Rogue One centered on the Death Star. Yes it featured new characters and explained a plot hole that could have been left open, but the generally haven't produced anything new, especially considering the untapped potential that the Star Wars universe possesses. In any case, I loved Rogue One so I'm not upset about it. I just hope Episode VIII is going to bring something fresh to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild View Post
    I don't think so. Rogue One centered on the Death Star. Yes it featured new characters and explained a plot hole that could have been left open, but the generally haven't produced anything new, especially considering the untapped potential that the Star Wars universe possesses. In any case, I loved Rogue One so I'm not upset about it. I just hope Episode VIII is going to bring something fresh to the table.
    If you liked Rogue One but you want something fresh, you'd probably love Star Wars Rebels.

New Last Jedi trailer on MNF tonight

i think its time to remake the prequels

Rusty Larue
    Man I hope Mark Hamillís Acting doesnít tank the movie.

rey is definitely evil right

That's what they want us to think. That's been a rumor for awhile so I think they're misleading us.