Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars thread (Mandalorian + a million other shows coming)

Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    Man I hope Mark Hamill’s Acting doesn’t tank the movie.
    they could always just have andy serkis do hamill voice over or better yet just full CGI hamill

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    That's what they want us to think. That's been a rumor for awhile so I think they're misleading us.
    yep, my sarcism isn't great but seems like they're starting to hit us over the head with it

There's gotta be a huge plot twist in this movie because if not it's headed straight for an episode 5 and 6 remake. If everything goes the same direction towards and five and six remake then Luke is now Yoda, Rey is now Luke, Kylo seems to be Vader struggling with the dark and light side, and Snoke is Sidious.

Two options:
    1) Rey and Kylo team up leaving both Luke and Snoke. Not sure why they'd team up but to defeat Snoke, but I guess that a possibility.
    2) Lucasfilms steps it up and has Rey turn to the dark side which I don't think will happen.

I'm sure there are many more options, but sheesh please let me leave the theater stunned in two months.

looks like itís a movie about a fucking penguin flying the millennium falcon and the millennial darth vader

Rusty Larue
    I think Kyle breaks good and Luke breaks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    looks like itís a movie about a fucking penguin flying the millennium falcon and the millennial darth vader
    When you right you right

There is just no way they show us whats actually gonna happen in the movie. Im guessing like time either Kylo/ben turns good or Luke bad

cookout = blabbermouth?

I'm betting we will all love the movie regardless, but Mark Hamill's acting... woof. My two thoughts after the trailer were 1. I loved it 2. If that's what they chose to show of Mark Hamill, Luke is gonna suck.

I disagree with you
    i thought the trailer was pretty good. hamil seemed fine to me, in this movie about space wizards with talking pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    I'm betting we will all love the movie regardless, but Mark Hamill's acting... woof. My two thoughts after the trailer were 1. I loved it 2. If that's what they chose to show of Mark Hamill, Luke is gonna suck.
    strong acting isn't the first thing that comes to mind for star wars

Did you see how still Carrie Fisher was in that trailer ?

I disagree with you
    i guess we know how carrie gets written out of the franchise

Scooter Banks

I thought Hamill seemed fine (certainly better than in the original trilogy). JJ Abrams said Hamill should win an Oscar for his performance, fwiw.

I disagree with you
    in this one, everyone turns to the dark side.

i'm gonna guess that Phasma sacrifices herself for the rebels in the last movie

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    i guess we know how carrie gets written out of the franchise
    I saw an article yesterday where Rian Johnson said he hoped people wouldn't watch the trailer before seeing the movie because it spoils too much. Guess he was talking about this?

Also odd the director doesn't have more say in how the trailer is edited.

I disagree with you
    i mean, i'm pretty sure everyone assumed she was going to die..right?

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    i mean, i'm pretty sure everyone assumed she was going to die..right?
    well yeah but since Fisher had completed filming her scenes before dying I don't think anyone expected her to die on screen in this movie unless it was previously planned for her to be a Force ghost or something in IX.

I disagree with you
    this is very clearly the Empire Strikes Back of trilogy. i mean, super-AT ATs, guys