• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Appropriate change. It’s harder to do a film series as an analog of fighting Nazis when more and more of the audience is identifying with the Nazis.

Appropriate change. It’s harder to do a film series as an analog of fighting Nazis when more and more of the audience is identifying with the Nazis.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

I don't identify with the alt-right in any way and I thought she was a disaster of a character

ATS, there’s plenty out there about how Star Wars was originally inspired by WWII with the Empire as an analog for the Third Reich.

ATS, there’s plenty out there about how Star Wars was originally inspired by WWII with the Empire as an analog for the Third Reich.

I am aware. HUGE Star Wars fan.

It was the other point you were trying to make that was ridiculous.

I hated the Rose character just because I thought she was annoying but the hate she received online was deplorable and awful. It drove her off social media I think.

Finally saw the Mandalorian trailer. Looks promising. They won me over when the first face they showed was that of Carl Weathers.

I am aware. HUGE Star Wars fan.

It was the other point you were trying to make that was ridiculous.

The rise of Neo-Nazis and authoritarianism in the US are well documented. Not sure which part you could find ridiculous.

Finally saw the Mandalorian trailer. Looks promising. They won me over when the first face they showed was that of Carl Weathers.

Yeah. My first thought was that he deserves to be in a Star Wars film.

OMG OMG OMG, I didn't even recognize him until I gave the trailer one more watch - Werner Herzog is in The Mandalorian!!!!!

I actually noticed a number of impressive names when I just checked IMDB.

Anakin is not the only previous character who is going to make an appearance... check out the poster...
fark_GADBfIsky_qzeLOFV7qIfLXUPVw.jpg

I don't identify with the alt-right in any way and I thought she was a disaster of a character

She was given dumb stuff to do in a disaster of a movie. There’s no reason the character couldn’t be fixed in the hands of a competent storyteller. It’s not like she was Jar Jar Binks fatally flawed at conception.

Love a good star war

I got so angry when I saw Rose that I almost watched a Ben Shapiro video.

Can't get hyped for this for some reason. And the trailer looks dark -- not dark like dark mood -- but dark like all the action scenes are in the dark and its raining. Not a fan of that.

Clearly the water battle is meant to be similar to the Ep 3 battle in the fire.

I thought the trailer was fine for modern trailers that tell you nothing about the movie and include scenes that may not be in the actual film. Curious how they shoehorn the Emperor and Lando in this. I hope it’s not fan service to appeal to the hater incels and it continues the story.

the potentially lame thing about the emperor being in it is it seemingly wipes out Vader's sacrifice at the end of Jedi

the potentially lame thing about the emperor being in it is it seemingly wipes out Vader's sacrifice at the end of Jedi

Shows how much you know about the power of the dark side of the force.

Back