• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Ugh that looks terrible. Snoke or whatever was the worst part of 7. Arguably the only bad part, and this trailer is all him. I watched like 3 times and still have no idea what he says in the beginning.

Really? it's just "Breath.. just breath, now reach out.. what do you see?" pretty clearly afaik. I couldn't even tell it was Snoke tbh, thought maybe it was Luke when I first saw it.

Ugh that looks terrible. Snoke or whatever was the worst part of 7. Arguably the only bad part, and this trailer is all him. I watched like 3 times and still have no idea what he says in the beginning.

LOL. Snoke isn't even the trailer. That's Luke talking. Do you even Star Wars bro?

LOL. Snoke isn't even the trailer. That's Luke talking. Do you even Star Wars bro?

Whew, k thought I was going crazy. Thought that had to be Luke but maybe TAB had read somewhere else it was actually Snoke.

Nvrmind I was duped. Watched some fan mashup

Westrbook.gif

I managed to watch the real trailer and still thought "meh." My kids thought it was boring too. Hopefully this is not indicative of the movie.

It's a teaser trailer.

I managed to watch the real trailer and still thought "meh." My kids thought it was boring too. Hopefully this is not indicative of the movie.

It's a teaser, dude. It is meant to show very little and give Star Wars nerds boners.

Man I enjoyed that trailer! Didn't show too much, loved the music, and thought there's much to learn from it!

LOL. There are some extensive breakdowns of that teaser that suggest some pretty interesting stuff. The big one is Luke's last line suggests a move away from Jedi vs. Sith with Rey possible starting a new order for force users. Rebels introduced a force neutral character last season (neither light nor dark).

The Luke/Rey/Kylo bukkake scene will be EPIC.

Someone must have missed out on their Sunday fun because it's Easter.

Nope. Started early. Even threw a few rabbit jokes into the mix. No costumes though. Playboy outfit would have been fun but no dice.

Lord and Miller abruptly quit the Han Solo movie. I think guys like them and Edgar Wright with Antman just aren't willing to concede enough creative control to keep the studios happy. Very disappointing.

Plus all these:

This isn't the first Star Wars film to face a director issue. On Rogue One, which was helmed by Gareth Edwards, Tony Gilroy was brought in to rewrite and help oversee extensive reshoots.

The issue of "creative differences" has been the cause of several director exits over the past couple years on studio tentpoles. Tim Miller left Fox's sequel Deadpool 2; Rick Famuyiwa left Warner Bros. and DC's The Flash; and Michelle MacLaren left Wonder Woman (which was then directed by Patty Jenkins, who had previously exited Thor 2).

But the results were not disastrous -- Rogue One, Antman and Wonder Woman were all very good/great. Thor 2 was the only minor disappointment, and it wasn't bad. I don't think Lord and Miller would have been a good fit.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/enter...-solo-phil-lord-christopher-miller/index.html

so who is the control freak behind all of this?

Is lucas behind the scenes pulling strings?

Read the article.

"Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it's become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we've decided to part ways," Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, said in a statement.

Back