• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Yep very triggered, just like the weird use of my old username, triggered, just so many triggers out there.

I'll let your posting history speak for itself. I would rather use twmd because Louis Gossett, Jr. is awesome and it pains me to read your posts with his name and avatar attached to them.

Anyway, back to unironically hating on Rose.

They sure know how to make a trailer to appeal to me - get Werner Herzog to do voice over during the whole thing.

Just a couple more weeks!

Though there's a new Disney+ thread, that seems to be about the product in general so I'll mention "The Mandalorian" here - it's gooood. It doesn't look and feel like a tv show, not sure if they put a lot of budget for the premier which will go down for future episodes but creatures and vehicles looked legit.

Even though I was 100% on board, the ending made me 110% sold on the series.

My advice - watch this soon because I have a feeling this will fuel a lot of online discussion.

Star Wars thread (The Mandalorian Ep. 1 on Disney+)

Wasn’t sure if I should watch it now or wait until Christmas and binge it before the finale.

It’s weekly, mostly on Fridays. Looks like all the new shows are weekly.

The Mandalorian Ep 2 is on Friday and the season ends on Dec 27.

Last edited:
Are all episodes available or are they rolling out weekly

I haven't logged into the service yet, but I heard weekly.

My sister bought a 3-year plan that we're splitting a few ways so nice to just pay once and not have to think about it.

sounds like CBS with star trek. Discovery is a beautiful and decently written show but suffers from the current era's writing for binge watching with meandering plots

Star Wars thread (The Mandalorian Ep. 1 on Disney+)

Is the mandalorian appropriate for a 10 or 7 yo?

Based on the MNF cantina fight excerpt and trailer, my 7 year old thinks it is.

I assume it’s as appropriate as any Star Wars film.

Wasn’t sure if I should watch it now or wait until Christmas and binge it before the finale.

It’s weekly, mostly on Fridays. Looks like all the new shows are weekly.

The Mandalorian Ep 2 is on Friday and the season ends on Dec 27.

E1 now, binge the rest at Christmas.

Though there's a new Disney+ thread, that seems to be about the product in general so I'll mention "The Mandalorian" here - it's gooood. It doesn't look and feel like a tv show, not sure if they put a lot of budget for the premier which will go down for future episodes but creatures and vehicles looked legit.

Even though I was 100% on board, the ending made me 110% sold on the series.

My advice - watch this soon because I have a feeling this will fuel a lot of online discussion.

110% is correct. I was wondering what ending would warrant that response and the ending certainly merited 110%.

All the effects were well done. The bounty droid from the previews was good. I’ll definitely be watching on Friday nights.

+2
That was a heck of a moment that I can't imagine anyone saw coming.

Also, agree about the IG model. Interesting take on how it works.

Watched The Mandalorian last night... Good start. I'll keep watching.

Didn't recognize Nick Nolte's voice as Kuill... Knew he was involved, but didn't put it together that he'd just be a voice.

It's definitely for Star Wars nerds like myself... My wife has never watched anything Star Wars in her life and gave it less than 10 minutes.

I have spoken.

Yeah. I read a review that was kind of mocking the appeal to people who know what Beskar steel is. I thought yeah. That’s the plus in Disney+. This is for the hardcore fans.

Voice acting is going to be big in this show. I hope nobody thinks Pedro Pascal is actually in that armor full time.

I enjoyed the post-Empire perspective the dirty Stormtrooper armor was nice touch.

May be worth it to check out the episodes of Star Wars Rebels that took place on Mandalore. Beskar steel was a big part of those plots.

Back