• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

again, it's reshoots and editing and final production. Howard would be very experienced at those things.

that seems to be an extrapolation of the known facts. all you have to do is watch some of those fan made edited trailers to prove that a comedy can be recut and re-scored into a drama into horror

i mean, ron howard isn't a super interesting choice, but he's not exactly surprising for the corporate route. did anyone see Heart of the Sea/was it any good?

Last edited:
that seems to be an extrapolation of the known facts. all you have to do is watch some of those fan made edited trailers to prove that a comedy can be recut and re-scored into a drama into horror

i mean, ron howard isn't a super interesting choice, but he's not exactly surprising for the corporate route. did anyone see Heart of the Sea/was it any good?

It sucked

Ron Howard is such a weird choice. What the hell has he done that's even close to this genre in the last 25 years? Apollo 13 doesn't count.

I'm guessing his availability was a big factor.

I guess he's worked with a very young Harrison Ford so maybe he could offer some insight there

I'm intrigued at the direction Star Wars seems to be going. They play hard on nostalgia and have yet to branch out in either of the 2 newest movies. I'm not sure I can handle more of that at the expense of expanding the Star Wars universe. The might want to take some tips from Marvel.

from that article:

- The Han Solo prequel was/is “a terrible idea.”
- Excitement among fans was heightened “because of the directors attached, but now they are gone and thus so is much of the anticipation.”
- The standalone films now seem bent on “cashing in on original trilogy nostalgia while offering answers to unasked questions” and not telling new stories from the wide Star Wars universe.

I'm intrigued at the direction Star Wars seems to be going. They play hard on nostalgia and have yet to branch out in either of the 2 newest movies. I'm not sure I can handle more of that at the expense of expanding the Star Wars universe. The might want to take some tips from Marvel.

Marvel's first two films after the Disney purchase were Iron Man 2 and Thor. Give them time.

Disney invested $4 billion in a property with a huge nostalgia factor but new material that failed. They had to reverse engineer the success of the original trilogy before moving on. Let's at least see Ep VIII before claiming they're not doing anything new. I think that's a ridiculous claim after Rogue One anyway.

Marvel's first two films after the Disney purchase were Iron Man 2 and Thor. Give them time.

Disney invested $4 billion in a property with a huge nostalgia factor but new material that failed. They had to reverse engineer the success of the original trilogy before moving on. Let's at least see Ep VIII before claiming they're not doing anything new. I think that's a ridiculous claim after Rogue One anyway.

I don't think so. Rogue One centered on the Death Star. Yes it featured new characters and explained a plot hole that could have been left open, but the generally haven't produced anything new, especially considering the untapped potential that the Star Wars universe possesses. In any case, I loved Rogue One so I'm not upset about it. I just hope Episode VIII is going to bring something fresh to the table.

I don't think so. Rogue One centered on the Death Star. Yes it featured new characters and explained a plot hole that could have been left open, but the generally haven't produced anything new, especially considering the untapped potential that the Star Wars universe possesses. In any case, I loved Rogue One so I'm not upset about it. I just hope Episode VIII is going to bring something fresh to the table.

If you liked Rogue One but you want something fresh, you'd probably love Star Wars Rebels.

That's what they want us to think. That's been a rumor for awhile so I think they're misleading us.

Back