• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Keep milking, Disney.

Last-Jedi-Thala-Sirens-Milk-Creature-Puppets-Star.jpg

The question is - how much saturated fat will these new projects have?

wakephan, send Disney your fanfics.

Chewy’s been hanging dong the whole time.

I love Star Wars as much as the next guy (as long as the next guy isn't PhDeac), but Disney is doing their best to kill the golden goose here.

Am I correct in my count?

Solo and another "Star Wars Story" - 2
Episode 9 - 1
Two other trilogies - 6

That's 9 more movies... vs. the 9 we've seen so far. That seems like a lot.

I love Star Wars as much as the next guy (as long as the next guy isn't PhDeac), but Disney is doing their best to kill the golden goose here.

Episode 9 - 1
Two other trilogies - 6

Like they've killed the Marvel golden goose? This year will mark 20 movies in 10 years and the second year of 3 films a year. The three 2017 films made over $1 billion in the US and were 3 of the top 9 highest grossing Marvel films.

I haven't seen anything to indicate they're doing more than one Star Wars film a year. That's not much at all. My guess is the upcoming schedule is something like this:

2018 - Solo Star Wars Story
2019 - Ep 9
2020 - Another Star Wars Story
2021 - Ep 10 (next trilogy)
2022 - New trilogy 1 (likely from the GoT team; could be from any timeline or whatever)
2023 - Ep 11
2024 - New trilogy 2
2025 - Ep 12
2026 - New trilogy 3

Last edited:

Episode 9 - 1
Two other trilogies - 6

This is what we want and what we expected.

I thought I read somewhere the GoT guys are going to make a SW TV show for the new Disney streaming platform.

Actually, I should clarify the Disney/Marvel timeline. Disney didn't purchase Marvel until August 2009. The first movie fully under the Disney banner was The Avengers in 2012. So it's more like 12 Disney/Marvel films in 6 years (2012-17) after Marvel Studios did 5 films in the previous 4 years (2008-11). That doesn't include the TV shows, theme park attractions, and the Marvel Universe Live touring show.

I'm more concerned that the plot direction of the last movie is getting rid of what made Star Wars special.

Would we still remember the original trilogy if Luke didn't use the force and blow up the Death Star? Or if Darth Vader hadn't been his father?

Is Rey going to be the hero little kids look up to and pretend to be? I though so after VII, but not necessarily after VIII.

So moving on from the Skywalker family? I'm not sure what you mean.

Back